3/24 Moonie AMPS 222, PMPS 192,+4.5~135

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Roni and Moonie, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Morning LL..Moonie is a snip better today--Guess she is still rebounding from yesterday's 50's surf --
    I will be out a few times today, so I'll do a +2,go out, then hopefully a +5--then out for the day.
    Hope that Moonie improves today--
    NEED ADVICE: I had gotten a bottle of methyl B12 from another company--and stronger than what I am giving her(5mg)--Also tasteless--has maltodextrin & fructose in it.
    One ingredient is rice flour--Moonie wasnt having such great numbers then, so I felt she was up because of the rice flour, but it could help her greatly if she had more of the supplement in her--
    Now I split the xobaline pill(methyl B12) in to 2 different plates. It has a cherry taste & when she tastes it, she avoids it if I dont disguise very
    very well-- It is only 3 mg, & I dont think she gets it all--
    Do you think I should do a trial run with the stronger methyl b12?? Even if it raises her bg a bit??
    I need to do what's best for her right now...and for neuroppathy..
    Thanks..
    yesterdays condo
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9995

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/23 Moonie AMPS 222adv.pls

Gee Roni...I don't know what to say. I have no experience with that myself...others will be along I am sure!
    Hope you have a good day today...hope the kitties are eating ok too!

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'd be far less concerned about the rice flour than the fructose and maltodextrine. The latter are sugars. The increased dose shouldn't be a problem. The B-12 complex is water soluble and any excess will be eliminated in the urine.

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Roni, I don't know much about chemistry, but aren't maltodextrin and fructose sugars? We have a diabetic human friend who has neuropathy and he has devised a concoction the main ingredient of which is mint. He rubs it on his feet and says it really works. If you like, I can try to get the recipe for it. Don't know, of course, if it would work on Moonie, and since it would involve her feet, she would probably lick it off!!
    Stu sends all those vines and healing thoughts to lovely Moonie,
    Ella & Stu
    P.S. I see that this post has crossed with Sienne's and that she says the same thing about maltodextrin and fructose.

5. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

I use the 3 mg. Xobaline - I think it's the cherry flavored stuff but I crush it into the food and KB doesn't seem to mind it.

Hillary likes a brand that isn't cherry flavored - I've seen her post it in health but I'm at work and could only pop in briefly.

Hoping Moonie is just recovering from a bounce and will come down for next test.

6. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

I used the 5 mg with the rice flour in it and it didn't seem to affect Maui at all.

After looking at the options, I felt rice flour was a complex carb compared to the sugars (simple carbs) and it would take longer to break down and turn to sugar. So, I opted for the complex carb and I would dump the 5 mg into her food daily. She never noticed, only that it turned everything pink.

And what her body didn't need, she peed out.

7. Roni and Moonie

Re: 3/24 Moonie AMPS 222,+2~177adv.pls,

Thanks guys--I think I'll try the 5 mg, I think she needs it! Hurts me so much to see her having any struggle with her already limited walking..
    Hope this will help! BBL!

8. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Why not use the injectable B12?

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

D - is methyl B-12 available as an injection? I thought it was only regular B-12 that was available in that form.

This is the brandthat Hillary uses. It's what I use, as well -- got the info from her.

10. Roni and Moonie

Re: 3/24 Moonie AMPS 222,PMPS 192

Evening LL--Moonie is still walking on her hocks mostly but sometimes on her toes today--She's a little better than she was yesterday..
    But Hisses at me like a cobra if I touch her front paws, or any feet in the cat napper--
    Gave her 1/2 the new methyl B12 in their food tonite, so she will get a little more than normally--Hope it will help her. as I
    just want to cry when I see her having a hard time physically!! :cry:
    Oops she just sauntered over to eat--Yes!! she's eating the methyl-Whoo hooo! :razz: :razz:
    Hope she comes down tonite to nice numbers..

11. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/24 Moonie AMPS 222, PMPS 192

We hope that it will make her feel better and that tomorrow that gal will be walking better. Stu sends :YMHUG:

Ella & Stu

12. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Hi Roni! Hi Moonie! Glad to hear that Ms. Moonie ate some food w/the M B-12 in it. This should help w/the neuropathy...I gave it to Spot and it took about 3 months for it to actually work. Hopefully it doesn't take that long for it to work on Moonie. I know it just breaks your heart to see her like that...I know it broke mine.

Just wanted to thank you again for dropping in Spot's condo yesterday and helping us celebrate his special day!

13. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Roni
    So glad Moonie is eating something. What did she like today?
    I hope she starts feeling better toady and maybe because she is not feeling
    that great her numbers are a bit higher than they have been.

14. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

(((Roni & Moonie))) :YMHUG: imho hugs always make everything better!
    Looks like Moonie had too much of Baby's birthday cake.. we asked her to go straight home, but it looks like she decided to stop by RBC on her way home?
    Happy to here that she got some meds down & I do hope that she feels better soon!!

Cheering you both on for a fabulous night!

15. Roni and Moonie

Her numbers are coming down tonite--She had a pretty good blue surf after her amps tonite..
    I am pretty sure it's her good foot, as she makes noise when I touch it--I was out most of today, & will be out to tbp tomorrow--I guess the more she rests, the better--got 9 people coming on Monday nite, so that should throw them both a loop!!
    But, am trying to let her rest as much as possible--Pray she feels better tomorrow--she was doing so well!
    Have good dreams, well health. & happy sleepus--Ni ni LL & HUGS~!

16. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Roni, does Moonie go out at all, on a porch or anything like that? Could she have stepped on a bee? Or on glass? My Kitty had very bad neuropathy at one point, but he never hissed. Just wondering if anything else could be going on with Miss Moonie.

I am using Pure Encapsulations methylcobalamin, in liquid form:
    http://www.pureprescriptions.com/produc ... uctsID=954
    (I buy it from Amazon.)

I had trouble getting the powder into Kitty. With this form, I put two drops on a treat, and I know it all goes in. It has glycerin in it, which Cassandra was concerned about; but Kitty seems to do very well on it.

Hugs to you and Moonie!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.