3/24 Shadow AMPS=175,+6=44, PMPS=252

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA), Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

+4=350
    +8=205
    AMPS=175 ~ 1.0u Lev
    Yesterday's Condo

Here we are again...Morning LL :coffee:
    Did you ever feel as if it's your own Groundhog's Day...like the movie? Same routine each morning...round and round you go ...the days go by but always doing the same thing? :YMSIGH:

It's not a bad feeling...just "strange". This morning it is just so poignant for some reason....

Shadow didn't eat a whole lot at the +4 snack time so I took away the food. He was very hungry I guess cause he came and squeaked loudly at my head this morning before the alarm sounded! I got up right away, smiling at his determination... and he trotted right over to his testing towel...really anxious to begin the day's routine. :mrgreen: He ate well and then was already back on his testing towel when I went to shoot him!
    Maybe he feels good with his Levemir Blue BG this morning. I feel good about it too...so I will join him in and purr too! :razz:

Part of the deja vu feeling is knowing that YOU are all out there too...going through the same ole same ole too!! Reading that Putty sometimes licks the injection spot and that Latte escaped years ago to a dumpster...makes me smile. Thank you all for sharing this time with me....you all brighten my day and your camaraderie on this board is really heart-warming! HUGS to you all as we begin this Wednesday in March...we can do this, right? Right!! We CAN!!! :mrgreen:

2. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/24 Shadow AMPS=175

We certainly can! And that's a great morning number for Shadow. What a cooperative guy he is to actually wait for you at his testing site! Here DH has to pick Stu up and carry him over and then hold him while I test.
    Have another cup of :coffee: and have a great day!
    Ella & Stu (who sends virtual brown weeds to Raja and Shad=O)

3. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Pat,

Wow, Shadow baby is really looking good today! I know; I feel the same way with the routine except sometimes I get distracted. What is it with these sugar kitties? Maggie does the same thing as Shadow. Before 3 am :roll: she sits near the headboard and talks loudly for me to get up. I swear they can tell time! Have a good day today and do something fun.

4. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Great to see that Shadow is doing so well! Just think how much free time we'd all have if we weren't doing this sugar dance?! And silly me thought my life was hectic and full before.... :lol:

5. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh how I can relate! I feel as though my life revolves around the cat! Funny how a few months ago before Scrabble was diagnosed I was telling my hubby that I needed a hobby during the day since he works so much and I work nights. I had no idea what God had in store for me, hahahah! I would do anything for my boy but the sleep deprivation is hard! Hope your day is nice and blue/green!!!

6. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Funny, I always thought it was all about the cat, always, all the time, everyday.

7. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

What a great day for Shadow.

I know the feeling. Sometimes I get up and feel that it never ends, I just did this and the day before never really happened. Is this the rest of my life? To some extent yes, but I look into the pretty little furface and know I wouldn't do anything else. We tale the joy they bring into our lives , we owe them whatever care they need. I really don't have time anymore for people who don't get it.

8. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Great start for Shadow.

P.S. I really appreciate that you're a frequent visitor to KB's condo. We all needs our online friends in this dance.

9. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Much better start for today! The mysterious Shadow is at it again and this blue AMPS is so nice to see. I hope the rest of the day is blue/green too.

[​IMG]

10. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Same here! I lost my "best" friend through this process. She doesn't get me, at all. And, that's ok. I have plenty of friends who get me and therefore, get "it"...they may not completely understand, but they support me b/c they know how important Logan is to me. And we have our on-line community that really and truly get it! :mrgreen:

11. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Pat I am so happy to see this much better AM number for Shadow. Big sigh of relief.
    Some days you just have to say, this too shall pass when Shaodw is not cooperating numbers wise. Actually I say that alot lately.
    I don't even remember my life anymore before Max's d/x.
    I also feel that every day seems like the last. I never turn my alarm clock off anymore, which I would do on the weekend. Got to get up the same time every day just for Max.
    And weekend plans or nightime plans, or going out plans...Not until after shot or not at all because I'm afraid to leave him for so long or need to worry about his shot.
    But we love our kitties and wer are so grateful to have found all of us here.
    This is my life and I it is here.

12. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Hi Pat! Shadow is looking great today! :) I know that must make you very happy.

I do feel like it's the same routine every single day, and I will be honest and say that some days I can't imagine doing this for the rest of Buzz's life. But of course I will, I just get frustrated sometimes. I completely agree with Ann that looking into their little faces is worth it. They depend on us and we have to do everything we can for them. It is so nice to know this community is here because I know you guys get it too. I had to leave a friend's party recently to go home and test, and my close friends got it, but I could tell others there just really didn't understand at all. "Can't you just give her the shot later on?" They don't know anything about it and I can't fault them for it, but it is SO nice to not have to explain things here. :)

Thank you as always, Pat, for being so positive and for helping so many here in LL and on FDMB in general. You are a shining star. :)

13. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Pat, what a nice AM number for Shadow. :smile:
    I too, love this community of people who really care about our cats. I love that people who don't 'know' us, will take the time to look at our SS's, and comment on how our baby is doing.
    I totally understand about people who don't understand our routine. I had to turn down Easter dinner at my son's in-laws this year, because they are eating late in the afternoon, and it's a long drive for me.
    My dil tells me, "you'll be home before dark". She did not get that I need/want to be home well before shot time to test. These people are all cat lovers, and still don't get it.
    I spend way too much time on here, reading condos, even when I don't comment. I just feel at home here.
    Me me me...... :lol:

14. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice blue for Shadow so far :smile:

It is the same each day, but they feel better so it's worth it!!

Hope you are having a good day.

15. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Have I got a DAY to share with YOU!! :lol:
    AMPS=175
    +4=69 LC snack as usual
    +6=44 LC snack cause of the number :eek:
    +6.5=54
    +7=44 a tsp HC gravy :eek:
    +8=99 LC snack as usual
    +9=135
    PMPS=252 ~ 1.0u Lev

:mrgreen:

Well, today wasn't the same ole same ole....oh Shad-O boy, you really know how to get my attention!
    Been busy today so i didn't get to post all about our adventure as it was happening.
    (I am trying to get back into exercising..ugh...I am like crepe paper all over....crepe paper over bumps and bulges that shouldn't be there :sad: ) So, I knocked myself out and then took a hot bath with Epsom salts...it was wonderful. And I don't even feel as achy as I thought I would.
    sigh
    Now that THAT'S out of the way, whew...I can relax for a week or two and then maybe do it again....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Shadow is doing fine today....has taken all my poking in stride and accepted the HC gravy nicely too. He even ate his dinner too. All is calm and fine and I am a purry bean today!

I so loved all your posts...you guys are the BEST!!!

16. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Wow, what a day is an understatement! Shadow? What a crazy set of numbers.

And Pat, I love your exercising philosophy. Relax and then think about doing it again in a couple of weeks, hahaha!
    Sounds like my exercise routine... I walked today - to the mailbox and I might even do it again tomorrow. :lol:

17. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Wow, that was quite a day for Shadow, and not too far removed from Stu's day. What are they plotting?? Get some sleep and don't stop exercising!!! (I am an exercise "junkie"--got to keep up with Stu!)
    Ella

18. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Holy cow, Pat! You aren't kidding when you say you had a day! EXERCISING! :lol: Just kidding, of course I mean Shadow. ;) It seems like you handled it quite well and that Shadow took it all in stride. Good for you both! Hopefully he will let you get some sleep tonight and maybe his ears will get a rest, too.

19. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Geez Shadow.. where did THAT come from.. oh I know where.. someone (not mentioning any names) was getting to used to things being the same ol same ol ;). Good job Shadow ;).

20. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Howdy,

That's one down, just one more to go! Glad he decided to get back to bussiness.

I wasn't around yesterday. We actually had an unbelivablely warm, sunny day! I was having quite a time playing in the dirt! In the evening went with my daughter to an open house at one of the schools she could go to next year, dirty fingernails and all :lol: Looks like the weather is going to be good today too, before it turns nasty for the weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.