3/24 Gabby PMPS~214, +2~164, +3~220, +5~292

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sienne and Gabby (GA), Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Yesterday's condo

Cuddly, hungry kitties this morning.
    Gabby gets treats after testing, providing she wants them. (Sometimes she more interested in the snack that comes after a test.) Gizmo, of course, knows the routine so he begs for and gets a treat. I'm trying to discourage Gizmo from thinking my furniture doubles as a scratching post and, instead, reward him for using the real posts. So, he gets a treat. Gabby has figured this out and will sit herself down and not so patiently wait to get treats for just being there while Gizmo does the work.

2. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Re: 3/24 Gabby AMPS~263

LOL about the treats! All three of my fur-kids think their name is now "Max." Max always comes when I call him to test, because he knows he either gets food or treats. And if the others are present, they get treats too. The dog just about dances around me while I'm testing Max because he's so anxious to get his treat! :lol:

3. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Have you seen that (designed for cat furniture scratching) tape you can put on furniture, it's about 4" wide, double sided sticky? I tried it for a couple of months, cats hated it, then took it off, they didn't notice it was gone after I took it off and didn't start scratching it again.

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

My furniture is covered on the edges with regular wide cellophane tape...Raja is my scratcher and the tape discourages her. But she still manages to find a spot that isn't covered. It looks like hell I suppose...but who cares? :lol:
    Hope you and Gabby have a great day today!!!

5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Our Alice (GA) never scratched furniture until after one of our moves, when she didn't like the new apartment. Then she demolished our couch! It had survived many years and a couple of moves, but for Alice, that particular move was the last straw. Good luck with Gizmo! And good numbers for Gabby today!
    Ella

6. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Echo figured out the treat/snack deal right quick. Took a day or so of shoving him out of the way while I test, the meter beeps so be has a pattern to follow now that he recognizes it, after t he test there are treats/snacks for whoever is there and not in the way or playing with Tugger's tail while I try to poke. Now, he usually plops down about a foot away and waits. The others show up sometimes, but Echo shows up every.single.time. :lol:

I like Gabby's attitude too, she knows she doesn't have to teach you that she knows how to use the post. She's taught you that already. She's making sure Gizmo teaches you properly. Supervision. :lol:

7. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

That's one smart girlie. Make the boy do the work and reap the rewards. What's wrong with that? :lol:

8. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Another great story Sienne.
    I so have to get to Chicago soon and meet your characters.
    Of course Gabby doesn't "have" to do anything for the treats. :lol:
    So amazing how smart the are.

Max's sister Chloe always had issues with him and would growl and swat him.
    The big oaf would just stare at her like, what did I do.
    Well, not only does she come running for treats when I test Max, she sticks her face
    in his treat bowl (which is in front of his face - I like the distraction) and chows down on them while I poke him. Nice sisiter but at least now she lets him kiss her.

Glad to see Gabby showing yellows this morning and those pinks were the start
    of action to come.

9. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/24 Gabby AMPS~263, +2~235

Nice petty yellow, this morning, Miss Gabby. :smile:
    Boy, it doesn't take long for all the critters to figure out when the treats are coming. Checkers jumps up on the testing table, when he hears the snap of the strip container closing. If I forget to give him a treat, he'll let me know about it. I've had him run after me around the house, talking, until I understood he was saying to me, "treat, Mom, treat"! :D

10. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Sienne!!! Funny to read everyone's comments about treats, my female cat Sabrina comes running every time she hears Scrabble getting tested, she will wait right beside his testing area! My cats go insane for the halo chicken treats, they practically swat them out of my hand! Cats are so funny!!

11. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

And why should the queen have to do anything to receive treats? :mrgreen:

Logan comes running when he hears the testing stuff come out. He then runs to his test spot for his treats. He always gets a couple before the test and then right after. The second the meter beeps (we refer to it as the "salmon alarm") he goes nuts grabbing for his treats. Sometimes, we can't even wipe off his ear!

12. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 3/24 Gabby AMPS~263, +2~235, +3~228

great story sienne! Mocha was wondering if you would share the name of the treats miss gabby gets after her pokes? She's pretty sure she deserves some treats too!

13. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

And your point is...? Isn't this normal behavior for any pet?

Very flat today, probably makes for comfortable kitty.

14. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

So funny that all kitties come for the Test signal :lol: :lol: :lol:
    They live for treats--Food, sleep, & loving-Hey they're cats!!
    I have those cardboard scratchers all over the house & they have never scratched a thing in the house--I also douse it with catnip :razz:
    Thanks Sienne, I gave Moonie 1/2 the methyl b 12 cap. in her food tonite, the one you & Hillary use--
    Hope it helps Moonie, but she wont even let me see her feet or legs--I'm getting a Cobra type HISSSSSSSSSSSS :evil: :evil: :?:

15. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Re: 3/24 Gabby AMPS~263, +2~235, +3~228, PMPS~214

Ms. Gabby thinks you all deserve treats for your stories, too. Gabby is a little sneezy. I added some L-lysine to her food tonight.

16. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/24 Gabby AMPS~263, +2~235, +3~228, PMPS~214

What does L-lysine do?

Tugger seconds her vote for treats, especially because he's a hungry hungry hippo tonight since he hasn't had his dinner yet.

Which reminds me, I weighed him. 'Bout threw my back out doing it.... dude weighs in at 19 pounds exactly. I'm going to go take a Motrin now ;)

17. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Funny.. all my cats think their name is "Test time".. I'm pretty sure the staff at the pet store thinks I'm a crazy cat lady with 80 cats or something.. every time I go in, I buy every single package of the freeze dried fish flavoured treats they have.. and let's just say.. I go there a lot.

My "trick" to kitties scratching the couch is to have a cheap couch so that replacing it doesn't upset me much :). Yeah, that's EXACTLY who is in charge around here.. I replace the couch WHENEVER I WANT TO! ;)

18. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/24 Gabby AMPS~263, +2~235, +3~228, PMPS~214, +2~164

Yeah, sure. We believe you ;)

We keep a couple of different kinds of scratchers around. We have tall sisal rope posts because Tugger loves to streeeeetch and dig his claws in. Tux likes carpet, so he uses the carpeted base of the tall posts, or the carpet near the post, or the carpet on the other side of the room from the post. Pretty much whatever carpet he wants :lol: The girls like cardboard the best. The baby doesn't seem to care. Unless you count wicker. He really loves to scratch my antique wicker bedding baskets I got in Germany. :-x They (the kitties) also dictate where the scratchers are placed in the house, as well as the LBs and the beds and everything else in the house since we arrange the furniture to provide maximum sunbeam allotment throughout the day.

But the humans are in charge around here. Uh-huh. :lol:

19. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

I think I gave a fur shot tonight. Which is incredibly frustrating since if Gabby's +2 was any indication of where the cycle would have gone, she would be in greens not heading toward pink. I had the angle at shot time wrong and she moved. I could small Lantus on her fur but was hoping it was just a drop from the outside of the needle. I'm guessing it wasn't.

20. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Oh man. I hate it when that happens. Gabby's numbers were headed into the green zone around +2 as you said. Ok, she can do it again tomorrow. Erase the memory of fur shot... be gone... poof.

:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.