3/24 Esse AMPS=294 +3=219 +9=124 PMPS=168 +2=138

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele and Esse, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Daily Digest
    PMPS+11=251
    AMPS=294. Shot 2.25U, Evo out for breakfast.
    +3=219. Nice easy drop...keep it up, EsseMama!!
    +9=124. Nicely done, Esse...now, surf, all right?
    PMPS=168. She didn't surf. Wellness Chicken out for dinner, shot 2.25, Evo will be out for overnight.
    +2=138.
    Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9971

Morning, all!

It looks like the dose decrease isn't holding...I'm thinking about bringing her back up to 2.5. Her numbers have been high (comparatively) recently, and I can't figure out why. So...I'm thinking that the decrease didn't take. Which is fine... I'm thinking of increasing this morning; shot time is in an hour, so I've got some time to decide. I just know she's bottomed out on that dose before, and am worried that she'll do it again...

What are your thoughts/opinions? I'd appreciate them!

Hope everyone has a great day!

best-
    Michele

2. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/24 Esse PMPS+11=251 Thoughts/opinions please.

IMHO I would not increase yet. I think you should wait one more cycle. She did see blue and could be bouncing from that.
    Also if I am reading your ss correctly your vial of insulin was opened almost 2 months ago which it may be getting old. I see you are starting a new one.

3. Michele and Esse

Yes, I opened a new vial last night. She did see blue, may be bouncing from that, but she had quite a few days in blue a little bit ago, and never bounced from that...so I'm just wondering.

I will hold for at least this morning's cycle...I'm thinking, though, that I don't want to do a change at night so that I can test her semi-frequently and see where the sugars are ('cause 2.5 has sent her into the 30s...). So...I'll probably hold through tomorrow morning, then.

Thanks, Miriam...appreciate it!

Best-
    Michele

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

FWIW, the protocol would indicate that when numbers are below 300 to hold for 5 days.

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree with Miriam and Sienne...hope you guys have a good day...New vial is good...
    It's hard to remember when I opened mine....so now I used permanent marker on the pen so I don't have to go back to look at my SS....it's good to keep an eye on the age of the pens...maybe the new insulin will do the trick...
    hope you have a great day Michele!

6. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

I just posted but aliens must have taken it.

I found it beneficial to remove as many variables as possible before making dose change. Having 2 month old could be one of those variables. See what the new juice does before making a change.

7. Michele and Esse

Am holding. She's pretty high this morning, but...well...we will see what today holds in store. She's plummeted in the past, so it's within her repetoire to clear rapidly; so we shall see what we shall see.

Best-
    Michele

8. Michele and Esse

Re: 3/24 Esse PMPS+11=251 AMPS=294 +3=219 +9=124 PMPS=168

Bless that girl's heart...not sure where she went last night, but she's back now. She's such a sweetheart. Has been setting such a great example for Eeyore, getting poked and taking shots like it's no issue...eating well, appropriate litterbox behavior, snuggly...just showing Eeyore the ropes.

I love this kitty!! (Can you tell?)

best-
    Michele

9. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Aww, great WCR for Esse! And look at that pretty PMPS. I'm hoping she will continue to show Eeyore the ropes and the way down to better BG numbers. :D

10. Michele and Esse

He's not listening well, but she's a patient teacher...his liver will get the message at some point, I'm sure. I look back on Esse's ss and see the same sort of thing...good thing I have the ss there, you know? Or I'd be very concerned.

Best-
    Michele

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.