3/24 Eeyore: AMPS=364 +3=427+9=404 PMPS=427 +2=304

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele and Esse, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Daily Digest
    PMPS+11=357
    AMPS=364. Lowest AMPS yet. YAY! Evo out for breakfast, shot 1.75U. Will see how things go...
    +3=427...????
    +9=404. Rebound??
    PMPS=427. Shot 1.75U, Wellness Chicken out for dinner. Evo will be out overnight.
    +2=304. Looks like he is going places...
    Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9974

Morning, LL...

Eeyore will go back to the vet for an additional blood draw today...however, right now, he's just a happy camper waiting for food. He woke me up this morning, aggressively snuggling (LOL...) and asking for breakfast. Got up, and there is no food out at all...put out a whole can before I went to bed, so the appetite is not yet diminished. As I lay there, snuggling the skinny linebacker, I noticed his coat feels softer...not by much yet, but still...softer. Improvement indeed!

We will see how things go, but I'm pleased his coat is softer...

Best-
    Michele

2. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/24 Eeyore: PMPS+11=357 AMPS=364

It's neat that Eeyore's coat is improving and that he has a hearty appetite. Good luck at the vet's today.

Ella & Stu

3. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Aww the snuggler, he sounds so sweet. Be strong little Eeyore and get some more meat on your bones. :D

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

He really does sound like a big lug! What a cutie. He should meet Gizmo. They'll probably be the same size. (At one year, Gizmo is 12 lbs and he doesn't reach maturity until age 5. The breeder figures he'll weigh 16 - 18 lbs.)

5. Michele and Esse

Re: 3/24 Eeyore: PMPS+11=357 AMPS=364 +3=427

If Eeyore would put on the proper weight, he should be quite the linebacker. Right now, though...LOL...not quite. Although I'm hopeful once everything gets under control, he will get the weight on...which would be nice.

As it stands, today is looking remarkably like a rebound...he's at 427 at +3...and I'm thinking he went somewhere he's not used to last night. Either that, or he got into a bag of chips (but none are missing...hrm...).

Should be interesting to see where this day takes us...

Best-
    Michele

6. Darwin's Mom

Darwin's Mom New Member

Re: 3/24 Eeyore: PMPS+11=357 AMPS=364 +3=427+9=404

I'm going to vote for new dose wonkyness. I'm sure it will be better soon.
    Patricia

7. Michele and Esse

Re: 3/24 Eeyore: PMPS+11=357 AMPS=364 +3=427+9=404 PMPS=427

It sure may be new dose wonky-ness. It's something, that's for sure. It's so funny - his body is so used to these high numbers, that if he were normal weight and didn't know the s/s of diabetes, you'd never realize something was wrong...good energy, good clear eyes, interactive, playing...nothing that indicates his sugars are high like they are.

He's such a dear...is discovering the joys of stinky barn clothes...has been snuggling the filthy fuzzy saddle pad, and looking like he found the kitty version of a pot o' gold. LOL.

My horse, however, is NOT a dear at the moment...he dumped me after a good 30 minutes' workout. Decided he was done, I hadn't quite figured that out, and he got very dancy and ran through my hands, dropped his head, and threw a buck. I felt it coming, got out of the stirrups (it's a non-thinking reaction...dunno how I do it...), popped off his back as he bucked, and landed - ON MY FEET - about 10 feet away. Then he reared at me, and while I was trying to catch the reins, he yanked on them, and I fell over onto my face. Ticked me right off...so after catching him, we worked hard for another 15 minutes...we were going to be done after the circle that he bucked me off was done, but...nope. When you're taken off the horse by the horse's action, it's back to work...because they don't get to win. LOL. He's such a dork sometimes. Oh well, just some motrin tonight, no real harm nor foul...

Best-
    Michele

8. CD and BigMac

Even with his higher numbers I'm glad to hear how well Eeyore is feeling. AND how he is loving the filthy fuzzy saddle pad, so cute! There is just no accounting for taste is there?

P.S. I was really impressed that you landed on your feet when bucked off your horse.... until you grabbed the reins and did a face-plant. :lol:

9. Michele and Esse

A few of my kitties love my barn clothes. I don't know why - they're stinky, sweaty messes. But some of the herd just thinks it's about as nommy a thing as they've ever laid one.

I was impressed with myself. LOL. As my best friend (who came out to the barn with me today; she doesn't ride, just likes to look at the horses, pet them, and watch me...) said, "next time, don't grab the reins, and you can call it stunt practice!"

LOL. He dumps me with despairing frequency (probably once every 4 or so months); he was abused and very poorly treated, and his retraining is coming along; it's just sometimes, he decides something, acts up, and I'm on the ground. I'm a big girl, but no match for 1300 pounds of TB who has made a decision that he doesn't want me up there. LOL...he is learning, however, that me being tossed does NOT mean the ride is over...which is his goal. Sometimes, though, I think his goal is to see how far he can toss me...kinda like a shot-put. ROFL.

No issues - I'm not hurt, so...it's just another lesson for Tango, and at least I'm getting good enough to land on my feet, right? LOLOL. And it's happened enough that for me, there's never a question of getting back on...and he's not dumped me twice in one ride (although at the beginning, it was nearly every ride we had I'd end up on the ground...).

Best-
    Michele

10. CD and BigMac

Please ask your best friend to bring a video camera next time. I'd pay to see the unintentional stunt riding. Hahaha!! :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.