03/06 Frankie PMPS 412

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dan and Frankie, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

2. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Re: 03/06 Frankie AMPS 436

Well she never did drop below 40 which is where things can really get hairy in fact she had a beautiful run on both cycles yesterday...but if you are more comfortable taking her back to .75u then do so, we can always work her back up again if we need too. Although if she was mine I would hold the dose at 1u because she is getting such a good run of numbers but then gain it takes a lot to cause me to panic anymore..and I have a lot more time and experience with Autumn.

Mel, Maxwell, Autumn & The Fur Gang

3. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

Are you going to be around today... if so, I think I'll try the am at 1.0 and go less aggressive on the steering to see what she does... what do you think?

4. MommaOfMuse

Yep I'll be here all day and yes if she was mine I would hold the dose. Really you don't need to start feeding her up until she hits 50 or lower.

5. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

Okay.... here we go... :eek: :eek:

6. MommaOfMuse

You will do fine. :D Those low numbers are only scary in the beginning. And I really wouldn't worry about testing her a bunch of times today since it looks like her nadir is right around +5, I would probably grab a +3 and either a +5 or +6 then depending on where she is then a +9 and pmps. Since normal for a cat on a human meter is between 40-120 that is the range you are looking at trying to hold her in. Today if she gets into the high double digits don't worry about steering her, just let her ride the wave. If she drops into the 50s then start testing her a little more often, but you really don't need to start feeding up with her regular food until she hits the 40s.

Really even a high 40 isn't anything to worry about unless it is very early in the cycle. Autumn's magic number when I start feeding her up is anything below 45, and I don't even pull out the high carb stuff on a 20, but then again Autumn and I have done this dance for awhile now and I know she will bounce back up with just a tiny nudge with food. And I also know she shows no signs of distress at those uber lows since the only way I have ever caught them is with the meter. Although I have seen cats that will clearly be in hypo on 30s just another one of those ECID, and unfortunately the only way to know for sure how Frankie will handle those super lows is when she hits one. :sad:

7. nckitties3

nckitties3 Well-Known Member

Sorry if I did wrong last night Mel, we were the only one's here and had nobody to ask. :sad: I offered the advice I had seen others do.

I thought it was safer to steer in the 70's, since it was a first for her, like Lucian.

I wasn't going to leave Dan by himself, even if my advice wasn't on the money.

I think he'll be much more able to handle it, if he ends up in a situation where he has no help, just like I will if you're not around.

But still, sorry if I was off. It wasn't intentional. :sad:

8. MommaOfMuse

You did fine hon, both of you. :thumbup And yes her first time going low and at night when you never know if you are going to be able to stay with them then always error on the side of caution. Better a little too high than too low always!!!!

I had honestly planned on hanging around last night but apparently my body had other plans, I knew it was a bad idea to go lay down on the couch to watch TV...lights out sweet princess...lol

It just comes with time and practice to know when to start feeding up to steer them and when to let them ride the wave. I always tend to be more cautious when you don't know how they are going to handle it. Just like I would never let either of you do what I did last night with Autumn on her pmps at this stage in the game. Not only would it give you a heartattack it wouldn't be safe because neither of you have the data to do it. Heck I wouldn't have done it with Autumn 6 months ago, because I just didn't have the data or know her well enough to feel safe doing it either, even with nearly 3 years of treating FD cats because ECID

9. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

food spike ... +3 is 419

10. MommaOfMuse

Looks like she is just starting to see her insulin onset, she also may run a little high today off going so low last night, because she may have bounced just a little bit.

11. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

you think I should test in an hour (+4)? or 2 (+5) ? Its been looking like her nadir is +5, so what do you think?

12. MommaOfMuse

She is high enough give her ears a break and grab a +5 since she isn't dropping like a stone today.

13. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

K... I'll check in then.. Thanks :smile:

14. nckitties3

Hey Dan? Just curious.....Is that +3 also the last time she ate or has she eaten since then?

What I mean is has she eaten since AMPS? :lol:

15. MommaOfMuse

No problem at all...may just have to go slay a few orcs myself here in a little bit...(shhh its my other addiction..Everquest2 affectionately known as Evercrack...lol). But will check back on everyone around +5ish

16. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

1/2 can of friskies Salmon Dinner... i think she was hungry because they have cleared it already... sometimes they leave it lying around bit, but it is licked clean :lol:

17. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

My nephew almost got me hooked on that. I am in remission from facebook global warfare (they discontinued the game a few months after I quit) then I got hooked on FB Simcity Social, but I have quit that now too.... I was thinking about buying the new Sim City PC game... but time would not allow for me to play much... so I am focusing on more constructive things like work and re kindling my guitar play... trying to get good enough to help with my church worship team because we are launching a new church in our area and need back ups for rhythm guitar... I would like to play lead, but ti will be years before I can do that... I cant even play without looking at the frets right now, let alone sing and play...

18. MommaOfMuse

Salmon is always a big hit around here, they don't get it often but when they do I have to make sure I get out of the way of the stampede.

BTW I forgot to mention the fish tank is beautiful...How big is it? I use to have a 150 gallon living reef show tank...they take a lot of work but are so pretty once they are established. Of course that was long before the 14 cats, I would love another aquarium but I'm afraid the fur gang would think I opened a sushi bar. :roll:

19. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

It's a 90 gallon.... it is my ony hobby, so I take it to extreme... here is a link to my build thread

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/member-tanks/108953-my-90-gallon-mixed-reef-i.html

20. MommaOfMuse

Too bad you aren't in Nebraska...I could find you some great guitar teachers. DH has been trying to get another band together after his last unit he was with went up in flames (found out one of the members was a convicted felon after he flipped out and tried to stab his girlfriend). He has an incredible key player and drummer but guitarist are in short supply around here. Usually it is the other way around there are lead players everywhere but the support players are hard to find, but it goes in cycles I guess, or at least so he tells me. I can't carry a tune in a paper bag anymore, my ex-husband broke my laryx and popped both my ear drums.

21. nckitties3

I was just curious as to how much of that +3 was food spike, that's all. :smile:

22. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

Glad to hear he is your Ex.... I hpe he got what was comin to him :evil:

23. MommaOfMuse

Oh he was a piece of work...and no unfortunately he is still breathing and walking around free...Broken every bone in my body at least once and after we divorced stalked me and stabbed me 18 times (most were defensive wounds but he was also a bad shot missed everything vital worst damage was he nicked a lung that collapsed and had to be reinflated). Also sexually molested both our kids ( we have a girl and a boy) when they were under 3 years old...and get this married the lawyer that put him away for the child abuse and she has 2 young girls.

24. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

That is horrible... I hate hearing things like that, but knowing it is out there, just makes me want to be the best man that I can be... I'm sorry that you and your children had to go through that.

25. nckitties3

There's a special place in hell reserved for people like that. :twisted:

26. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

Not cooperating to day... 329 at +5

27. hmjohnston

hmjohnston Well-Known Member

Could still be effected by the lows yesterday. Sneakers sometime took 3 days to clear a bounce (or a drop)

28. MommaOfMuse

Actually she is dropping better than I thought she might after going so low last night. Her liver probably completely freaked out on that and sent out all kinds of stored sugars and counterregulatory hormones. So now she has to clear the bounce, and that can take up to 3 days for that to happen at first.

29. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

How long does it typically take to get them stabilized... knowing ECID, but just trying to get a feel for it?

30. nckitties3

:lol: Million Dollar Question!

31. MommaOfMuse

Ballpark...2 weeks to a lifetime. Maxwell not only stabilized but went OTJ in two weeks on insulin and a diet changed. Musette I never could get her regulated even in almost a year and she finally past away last may thanks to a screw up with an ER vet. Autumn is tightly regulated but it has taken me nearly a year to get her there. Although usually the earlier it is caught and they are started on insulin and a diet change the easier they are to regulate and eventually get off the juice. Also depends on how high the numbers were when they were dxed but not always.

32. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

312 at +6

33. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

I think I'm safe to not test until PMPS... Ive got to get work done and some appointments scheduled. Thanks ladies :smile:

34. MommaOfMuse

Yep I think you are go to go as well, go have fun and I'm sure Frankie will appreciate the break to the ears...When I know Autumn is clearly bouncing I don't bother with a lot of tests either. I just let her be cute and cuddly.

35. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

Is the amount of newbies on the forum normal? It seems like it's pouring newly diagnosed, just wondering.

36. nckitties3

More and more people are diagnosed as diabetic every day, directly due to diet. Why not cats? Most of us have fed entirely wrong all their lives, not knowing any better. :sad:

Doesn't surprise me. :sad:

37. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

Sucks because i thought... and I'm sure others do as well, that I was feeding them good quality food... turns out the cheap stuff was better for them the whole time :eek:

38. nckitties3

I know, me too. Never could afford the expensive stuff, but always used, what I thought was, a quality, name brand, dry food. Never a store brand, that I assumed was lesser quality. Sometime, many years ago, I was told that dry food was best, because it prevented dental issues. After UT issues, I always used a food made specifically for UT. I honestly thought I was doing what was best for them.

I don't think anyone is going to research feline dietary needs, if they didn't have a specific reason, i.e. diabetes. That's how I found out what cats actually need.

Yes, it's a sad thing that we, as cat owners, have been deceived by pet food companies for many, many years. But so have most vets. :sad:

39. MommaOfMuse

It comes in cycles either we have very few newbies or they open the flood gates. Bad part is when it is quiet on Health a lot of the experienced help start not checking in much or staying in their own ISGs so the few of us that do forum hop are running our tails off.

40. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

Nothing new here though... the buck stops where the buck is made.... sad state of the country... even world. :sad:

41. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

How long has it been since a forum upgrade? The reef forum that I am on has a new posts board on its maing page... that would be one way to be able to monitor it a bit better... allthough I have no clue how much that costs.

42. nckitties3

Agreed :sad:

43. MommaOfMuse

We just moved servers not that long ago and that was a mess and a half, a lot of us couldn't even log on and then could only log on from the IP address etc.

There is a place to check all new posts, unanswered post etc.

44. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

Maybe that should be the landing URL??? Just a thought. Is it vBulletin? It says powered by (nothing)

45. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

In fact, who manages the board... meaning layout, design etc?? Maybe a mastermind about how to make the forum more user friendly, more appealing to both users and advertiser... could generate more revenue... not sure if its 501c3, but it should be.

46. MommaOfMuse

Rebecca is sole owner and admin. There are global moderators and some forum moderators but generally it is simply a peer reviewed board. FDMB itself is not a 501c3 although DCIN and Our Lady Of Mercy Catnip Cottage that both post here are.

47. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

PMPS 412, Injected unit. Testing at +3 and probably headed to bed...how high would she need to be to justify staying up?

48. MommaOfMuse

While I highly doubt she will drop this low with that bounce going on...If she is 200 or lower you might want to stay with her until +5, anything above that go hit the hay and we will see you in the morning.

Mel, Maxwell, Autumn & Fur Gang

49. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

Thats kind of what I was thinking... I'll be around in about 2 hours.

50. MommaOfMuse

Looks like everyone decided to bounce tonight, guess they think their beans all need a good night's sleep for a change.

Then they will all log into the computers and tell each other nasty stories about their humans. LOL

51. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

lol... I have security cameras and a key logger :twisted:

52. nckitties3

:lol: Dan, if I was your wife and read these posts, I'd wait till you were asleep, disconnect the camera and post as Frankie, just to mess with you! :lol:

53. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

LMAO!! I really dont have those .... but Hmmm.... Anyways its 192.. I was sleeping at 8:00 and my wife had to wake me up... is this very concerning?

54. MommaOfMuse

WOW what a drop!!! I was not expecting her to clear the bounce that fast. But she is still high enough I would leave her some food out and go ahead and hit the hay since he nadir is in just a couple hours. If you are really concerned maybe set an alarm and get up and check her at +6 just to make sure she is on her way back up. The only time it is really scary is when she is around 40 this early in the cycle.

I don't think I have ever asked...Does she sleep with you and your wife?

55. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

Normally she tries to sleep on my wife's head... I have built in reflexes that fling felines across the room that try to do that to me ;-) I'm gonna leave some food out for sure, but I think she'll be fine. Thanks a lot... nite!!

56. MommaOfMuse

Aw Okay if she sleeps with you then I wouldn't ever worry about going to bed if she is still in the triple digits at +3-4 because if she starts going too low overnight it is very very likely she will let you know.

Autumn doesn't sleep with us, we've tried to get her to, but even she will come in and wake me if she is lower than she is comfortable with. So if Frankie sleeps with you and she starts going too low I'm sure she will wake you up with a "Hey Dad, Mom Fud Please!" Or at least just go eat if there is food available for her, cats are remarkably clever that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.