Pet prescription drug card

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by squeem3, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

I came across this web site that has a free prescription drug card for pets: http://www.petmedicationcard.com/

It is for US residents only and is completely free. You just fill out the info on the web site and print the card out :smile: The card can be used at any Human pharmacy to purchase medications that your pet needs, such as insulin like Lantus or Levemir.

To get an estimate on how much a medicine costs at your local pharmacies, you can use this web site: http://www.easydrugcard.com/drugpricing.html

FYI, the estimated price that comes up for Lantus SoloStar pens and Levemir FlexPens is for each individual pen, not for the whole box of five pens. Just multiply by 5 to get the estimated cost for the whole box :smile:

2. Punkyp

Punkyp Member

This is great info, thanks for sharing!

3. ohbell

ohbell Well-Known Member

ty for sharing this. I have already visited and printed my cards!

4. arozeboom

arozeboom Well-Known Member

That's great. The best thing is that the cheapest place on the list is the grocery store I go to!
    Thanks

5. cmw

cmw New Member

So I get the written prescription from my vet ~and bring it to the pharmacy with this card?

Thanks.

6. squeem3

Yes :thumbup

7. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

I recommend calling the pharmacy and asking their price before mentioning the discount card. The price with the card is actually more at my pharmacy than I pay without it :( This list did indicate I was getting it at the cheapest place around :)

8. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

Do you know if it applies to test strips and needles too?

9. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Julia & Bandit (GA) Well-Known Member

I checked the price of Lantus with a couple pharmacies and they're all a few dollars cheaper without the card as well. Did anyone price check and actually see a discounted price?

10. squeem3

No, the card only covers prescription drugs.

11. CoatCheckGirl

CoatCheckGirl Member

Is this card accepted at Walmart pharmacies? I just tried to use it on my Lantus prescription and it would not work.

12. squeem3

13. CoatCheckGirl

CoatCheckGirl Member

thanks for the info.

I was very frustrated yesterday. I handed my card to the pharmacist and it took her about 15 minutes for her to tell me that the card "didn't work." Then, I referred to one of the reference web sites that shows a lower price for the insulin than what they actually charged me. They would not honor that price because "it is not a credible web site and they do not price match prescription drugs."

Even a five dollar discount would have been enough to put me in a better mood. I suspect the pharmacist entered the wrong info, or something. :-|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.