Possible Help Needed In Texas - DFW AREA - EULESS

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ohbell, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ohbell

ohbell Well-Known Member

Hello all,

I guess I am needing some help!

My Civvie Slappy did eat a small amount yesterday, but nothing this a.m....she looks at the food, acts like she wants it and wont eat!!!! I have offered all I know to offer and she wont eat anything!

I CANNOT HOLD HER AND ADMIN. SYRINGE! I tried putting her in 3 towels and it still did not work!

I HATE asking for help but I need someone to hold while I try this! I have called a mobile vet to see if they can make an appointment tonite, but have not heard back yet and she CANT go another full day...I have found a dropper and the baby food will go thru it...the syringe that the vet gave me is just too big, tried a turkey baster so that I could just tip it up and not have to worry about pushing, but that did not work either...I am at my wits end!

I live in the DFW area and would not be home before 5. So sorry to ask, and I really dont even know anyone in the area....think I might try the er as well, but thought I would try here!

Thanks to all in advance! UUUGGGHHHHH

2. Patricia and Gang

Patricia and Gang Member

Re: Possible Help Needed In Texas

Hi, I live in Arlington and would be happy to help you, just let me know when and where. I'll send you a private message with my cell phone number. The reception is in and out in my house, depending on where I am, so if you don't get an answer the first time you call, just keep trying.

Patricia (GAs Fluffy, Mr QT, Murphy, Jonathan, Flannel, Speedy, Angel, Rusty, Bobby, Ash, Moseley, Suzy, Zak, Kobe and Cory) Corky, Oreo & Rufus

3. Re: Possible Help Needed In Texas

You could edit your subject line to narrow it down a bit. If you are in the DFW area, include that. Look at your "friends kitty" post from the other day. I saw some replies that might help. Maybe PM one of them?
    Carl

4. Patricia and Gang

Patricia and Gang Member

Re: Possible Help Needed In Texas

I've tried to send you a PM twice, but I keep getting the message The requested users to be added do not exist. If you could send an e-mail to robtctra AT airmail.net I can give you my phone numbers that way.

Patricia (GAs Fluffy, Mr QT, Murphy, Jonathan, Flannel, Speedy, Angel, Rusty, Bobby, Ash, Moseley, Suzy, Zak, Kobe and Cory) Corky, Oreo & Rufus

5. ohbell

ohbell Well-Known Member

TY Carl for the tip...done!
    Patricia, I would LOVE THE HELP! I dont know what is going on with the pm, but I will send you a message now! AND THANK YOU, it would be after 5 and I know traffic is terrible, so you tell me when you think you could come by!
    OMG! I LOVE THIS PLACE! :cry:

6. Patricia and Gang

Patricia and Gang Member

Maybe 6:30 or 7:00, would that work out ok? Traffic is horrible, but that's ok, I'm used to it. My step-daughter has been without a car for the last few months, so I've been driving to Burleson in the morning and bringing her back to her job at Six Flags Over Texas, then taking her home at night. Lots of driving.

7. ohbell

ohbell Well-Known Member

Dear Ms. Patricia,

omg! that is alot of driving! I drive to Lewisville everyday thru the dfw hell of 114/121...it is just terrible!

That time would be great....I have emailed you via gmail.....let me know if you have problems receiving it.

Give me a shout when you head out, I will get everything ready so you wont be there too terribly long.

Just cant say thanks enough!!!!!!!! :YMHUG:

8. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

let us know how it goes! and hopefully this will get Slappy Happy again!

9. ohbell

ohbell Well-Known Member

I want to start by saying I cannot say thank you enough Ms. Patricia! YOU ARE GREAT!!!!

Patricia, when you came by last nite, I did not know what to expect! I was hoping in the back of my mind that Slappy would not act soo bad that you would have made a trip for nothing, well, you didn't! From the start to the end, you made this ordeal look like buttering bread....And Slappy got foooood!!!!!!!!! :dizcat

I also did not realize how tense I was knowing that she was not eating until you left and the tension from my body left! I was on an ADRENALINE HIGH.

As soon as I came in, I went directly to Slappy's new place, 'under the bed', called her name and she looked at me, smiled her thanks mommy, but I am still mad at you smile, no hurling evidence and mommy got to make some calls to important ppl and give them a great update on the evening!

I want to say a VERY VERY BIG THANK YOU to Patricia and all her tender help last nite, and to say - I would have never ever had that help if it were not for this wonderful place!

Patricia, I will email you today on this evening - Slappy only took a few bites of dry and did not want any tuna :cry: - this a.m....which I really did not think it would be any different, so I will definately let you know.

Mommy is soo happy that she got foood in her last nite!

10. Charliemeow

Charliemeow Well-Known Member

What a great story with a great outcome. FDMB is really full of wonderful people!

11. ohbell

ohbell Well-Known Member

UPDATE: Civvie Slappy:

Due to Ms. Patricia and Hubby, Slappy received more dropper feeding last nite...Nutra Cal, and chicken babyfood. And they let me hold my burrito baby to get the feel of how to hold!

She was introduced to some ProPlan and took some bites of it, first time she has even smelled it and she liked it! WOW!

This a.m., I put out the regular dry food, and 2 bowls of ProPlan - different kinds, water bowl, lb in place, fan and t.v. on for my girl...Closed the bedroom door and went to work....trying to see how much she will eat - if any, if she gets to graze.

Ms. Patricia,
    she did go for the ProPlan this a.m. - ate just a bit, then stopped...in the bedroom. She will not go to her eating perch right now. But after she ate a few bites this a.m., I went in the bedroom to check on her and offer more, she was out from under the bed, and laying on top of my pillow!!!!! I offered up the food again, and she ate it! Not bunches, but more than normal! BTW.... when I went to bed, she came out from under, jumped up next to me, purring and acting sooo sweet!!!! We fell asleep together! I really think she was thanking me as she was hissing like no other when I reopened the bedroom door and took her down the hall to show her the room was available again. She ran under and stayed until I got into bed. lol! (she was very very mad at me).

Again, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME, PATIENCE AND CARE!

HURRAY FOR THIS PLACE!

I think I will keep my appointment with you tonite if that is ok....just think somemore training from you, and an extra boost for her will not hurt!

12. Patricia and Gang

Patricia and Gang Member

We will be there. :smile:

13. Violet and Garland

Violet and Garland Well-Known Member

So happy to hear he is doing better!! Ill be praying for you guys!!! ((hugs))

14. ohbell

ohbell Well-Known Member

UPDATE FOR SLAPPY:
    My Civvie Slappy got a night off! Patricia and I decided that because she ate 1/3 cup of dry (bad girl) yesterday, she should have a night off from syringe feeding!!!! GO SLAPPY GO!
    I hope she will keep up the good work, the down side, she is eating ProPlan, which she loves, but is very high in carbs! NO SNEAKING ALOUD BY BEAN! I also have been putting her in my room shutting her off from the house so she can graze all day to eat that 1/3 cup. I dont want to keep doing this to her! I wish she would eat wet!!!! UGHHHH!
    She does not get much of a chance to eat once I let her out of the room (when I get home from work). She is not enjoying her eating perch right now, so she is not eating where I can watch the other girls and keep them out of it!
    But, I believe she is out of the woods so far from having an etube!
    I think Patricia will come by tonite to do syringe feeding again. I will get a lesson on how to do this the next time she is syringe fed. I did get a lesson on burrito wrapping and I dont think I did too bad.
    Patricia........ I hope you had a great evening especially without having to drive out of your way to come help! Slappy said ty too! lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.