Send me an Angel... (long but happy)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Michelle and Doodle, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

I have been wanting to post all morning and share my wonderful news... I just haven't been quite sure how.
    Maybe that sounds strange - I mean how hard is it to say, "Yay! we're getting a beautiful new cat!" ?
    But any of you who have been through losing a cat you adore, probably understands what I'm saying -- how it feels slightly uncomfortable to be feeling so happy and hopeful.
    But I know that Doodle would be very happy as well... and I want very much to share this with you all.

Meet our new Angel :)

[​IMG]

We're adopting her from DCIN who posted an urgent request for her yesterday.
    http://fdmb-cin.blogspot.com/2011/06/angel.html
    My husband just left this morning to go and pick her up. :)

It's an interesting story. (at least I think so)

When Doodle died in April I was devastated.
    I don't believe in supernatural things - angels... destiny...fate.. etc... It's partly why I felt so destroyed... and so alone.
    But one night, (quite a while ago)? I was crying and telling Doodle that I couldn't feel him near - that I wanted to... but that I couldn't. And I asked him to send me a sign - an angel - and then I would know. I actually felt silly doing it - but I was so distraught I didn't really care.
    Angels picture was the first thing I saw the next morning. (DCIN had posted her picture once before)
    I've tried to rationalize that away - but no matter how successful I may have been at telling myself it was just a coincidence... when I saw her again , I knew we needed each other.

Of course for those of you who do believe in things like fate - and angels :) - you are probably giggling at me and my stubbornness :)
    But I'll tell you a little secret,(if you promise not to tell anyone) I have properly thanked my Doodle - just in case ;)

2. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

Tears of happiness for ANGEL. you and family and DOODLEBUTT

3. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((MICHELLE)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I know that Doodle is happy that you listened ;) Angel is a very very lucky girl. Congratulations and thank you for taking her in.

4. Marcy & Klinger (GA)

Marcy & Klinger (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((Michelle))))) Thank you for taking in Angel. I saw her post yesterday and my heart went out to her. Must be a white kitty thing. :D So happy she's going to a great home! I have no doubt that Doodle sent you this Angel.

5. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Congratulations. Angel looks like my civi Snowball.

6. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

I can not tell you enough how happy I am for Angel, she is about to start the best part of her life with the most adoring family. I can't think of better beans to love this girl and I know that Doodle is up there right now happy that he was able to get his message to you, and boy, when he sends a message, it sure is loud and clear.

He always was special in so many ways.

Many hugs to all of you.

7. Dale

Dale Member

That Doodle...busy, busy, busy...just waiting for you to ask him for a sign! Angel is so beautiful. I'm glad she is going to share her life with you and your family. When will your hubby bring her to you? It must be about a 13 hour trip one way. And to drive all that way to get a kitty just for you...the man is a gem, a keeper, a one-in-a-million!!! :thumbup

Many happy days ahead. I'm sure Doodle is glad to see a smile on your face...again.

8. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I'm sure Doodlebutt is sitting there at the bridge wondering how many signs do I have to give this silly bean so she gets the message!

Well, glad it was heard loud and clear and Angel will have a new home and you get someone new to know and love.

:D

9. cjleo

cjleo Member

Yes, we do get signs we don't see sometimes. Doodle was right on top of this.

Best of luck with Angel and give that man who is willing to drive so far a big, big thank you.

Claudia

10. Amy'sWinston (GA)

Amy'sWinston (GA) Member

Well congrats! She is incredibly beautiful. And lucky to have you for a new home.

Enjoy!

11. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

She is beautiful!! So glad she has found a new furever home with you guys!! Nice job doodle ..

12. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

:::Grinning like a Cheshire cat here::::::

I was wondering how long it was going to take you to getting around to that announcement over here, but then again I accidentally stumbled into the whole conversation on FB the other morning.

Nice work Doodlebutt on getting your mom to listen finally, and not only sending her the Angel as requested but in giving another extra sweet kitty a terrific new momma bean and a daddy who will go to great lengths to see her smile. (That man is a keeper for sure).

And of course you know we are going to want........PICTURES!!!!! When she gets to her new home and wonderful family.

Our GAs have been busy this month sending out living, breathing angel in fur coats. As we have an Angel on her way to our house soon as well, we just changed her name to Musette, since we already have an Angel

Mel, Maxwell and The Fur Gang

13. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Wow - what an inspiring story! Thanks for posting and it's great to see you again.

14. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

Awesome story Michelle! And your DH really does ROCK!

15. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

Thanks you guys! It does seems to be a pretty loud and clear sign doesn't it. :lol:

I'm really looking forward to getting Angel home and I'm hoping that she won't be too difficult to treat - I was very spoiled with how easy Doodle was in regards to getting a shot or being tested - he never fought me at all. But my DH of course will help if it's necessary - so we'll be fine.

Speaking of my DH, yes, he's a great guy :) and it's quite a drive - 16 hours each way.
    And although it would be very sweet if he were doing it for me... I'm actually even more happy that he's doing it as much for himself -and Angel. He never hesitated when I sent him a link to the story yesterday morning. His first response was that he could be on the road the next day. He was as disturbed at the idea of her not being treated as much as I was.

So I have a few days to get a Spreadsheet started I suppose -- wish us luck :)

16. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

THIS IS WONDERFUL!!!!!
    CONGRATS, MICHELLE!!!
    AND WELCOME, ANGEL!

17. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Aww, I just read your post and burst into tears.... happiness tears, but I'm totally embarrassed. I have company coming in a few minutes and I'm just overwhelmed with the awesomeness of your post.

I'm so happy for you!!! Way to go Doodle, so glad you sent an Angel to Michelle.

18. MauiGuppy

MauiGuppy Well-Known Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one who teared up when I read your post. So happy for you and your new Angel! She's truly a gift from Doodle.

19. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

I was thinking, I bet she believes in Angel's now. Her name caught me right away, let alone that her beautiful white fur. Coincidence maybe, but doubtful.

I am so happy for you and Angel. Doodle would be happy also. I am waiting for a sign that Maverick is with me in spirit. A feeling. I know it will come and I need to keep my heart open for it.

I do hope you keep us updated on your new girl. Hugs.

20. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I am SO happy for you and your entire family.

Cats can have a lot to tell us. We just have to be perceptive enough to listen. I'm glad you were listening and that your heart was ready to be open for (another) Angel.

Congrats! Purrs in the house are wonderful to come home to.

21. Bruce & Simon

Bruce & Simon Well-Known Member

Angel's a very lucky kitty, Congratulations! :smile:

22. Jason & Belle (GA)

Jason & Belle (GA) Member

This is wonderful news. After a couple of major losses this past year, I began to believe in fate and destiny. Too many things happened before and after that were otherwise impossible to explain. This whole thing has Doodles paws all over it :D How else could Angel have found you from halfway across the country?!? Sometimes things are just meant to be, and that beautiful girl finding you is one of them.

Good luck. I understand how difficult the loss of Doodle must have been, and I hope that rescuing and caring for Angel brings some peace.

Jason

23. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

Michelle...I am so happy for you....glad you were ABLE to open your eyes, ears and heart to the little Angel, Doodlebug was trying to tell you about. She sure is a beauty and will be loved in your home. Congratulations on the new addition.....she is lucky to have you, DH and DD in her life.

24. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

so very happy for you Michelle, lots of luv for Angel!!

25. Gail & Houdini (GA)

Gail & Houdini (GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! She is beautiful!! Welcome home Angel.......good job Doodle!

26. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

I am one of those people who DO very much believe in signs and feelings and I am sooooo happy for you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

27. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Yeah, tears upon reading that story. Michelle -- what a beautiful sequence of events, however you explain. This is one lucky Angel. o:)

28. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

FANTASTIC!! what a wonderful story - and I am also one of those that believes in signs, and messages, perception. Doodle knew you were ready, he sent you Angel.

Congratulations - Angel has come home to her forever home with the best set of beans.

29. Carol-Charlie

Carol-Charlie Well-Known Member

Okay... Okay.... crying also. I read Angels story... then a quick... she has found a home... wow... And the perfect home.

When coincidence is named.... there is God.

I'm thinking Doodles pulled strings to get you the perfect purrrrrrsson to love you and be loved by you...

Rainbow bridge will be so joyous once she is snuggled in her mommy's arms... not that daddy's arms aren't strong and loving also... Good Job all the way round. Bless you all with many many years of love together.

30. Cheryl & Whiskers (GA)

Cheryl & Whiskers (GA) Member

Awww (((Michelle)))

Angel is truely a Beauty. I too saw her previous post on DCIN and my heart went out to her.
    I am so glad she has found a loving home with you and your dear DH. Doodle would be so proud and happy. What a big heart you have! Hugs and Happiness.

31. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

So I'm sure glad you properly thanked the "doodle butt" because she is absolutely gorgeous. Look at that face - and she needed you - and you needed her - and now Doodle can run and play with all the other "free kitties" knowing that you have love with you again.

Congratulations - she is absolutely beautiful - okay -now more pictures, okay? And good for you for taking her and loving her.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

32. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

Doing the happy dance, here.

This is for sure a match made in heaven.

Thank you Doodle.

Sweet home-coming, Angel !!!

33. Jean and Charcoal

Jean and Charcoal Well-Known Member

Dear Michelle,

What a tremendously beautiful Angel of a cat that your Doodle has sent to you!!!

Hope you will all be blessed to have this new little girl in your home for a very, very long time!

Hugs,
    Jean and Charcoal (GA) cat_pet_icon

34. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy tears for that angelic face and for you and D/H. He IS a keeper. Congratulations

35. Suzanne + Nemo (GA)

Suzanne + Nemo (GA) Member

This is so wonderful! Doodlebutt is for sure involved!! I wish you much happiness.

36. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Wow, this is such an amazing story of the power of love from our furbabies. flip_cat

Very happy that Doodle helped save Angel. He must have been very special.

37. Susan G and Tiger GA

Susan G and Tiger GA Member

what a beautiful story ! i love happy endings!! (and i've always believed that there are no coincidences, things happen for reasons we may never know). what a beautiful kitty, but then would doodle send you anything less???

38. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

This love story made my day! Angel, you are one lucky kitty, and Michelle and DH, you are very lucky beans. Nice going, Doodle! We all know how pleased you are that your family will be whole again.

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

39. missyandlittlegray

missyandlittlegray Member

I do believe in cat angels, and mine have helped me in so many ways. This is a wonderful story, and I'm so happy for you and Angel. Enjoy her. Good job, Doodle!

40. sanrun

sanrun Member

Awe...Good for you. Sounds like Doodle sent this angel to you. :smile:

Sandy - Dottie, Jeter & Tilly

41. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Angel is a very lucky kitty to have found you. And I'm sure whereever Doodle is, he is smiling down on you, DH and Angel. I am very happy for you, Michelle! :YMHUG:

42. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

been following the travels on fb and just wanted to say word is they just pulled in the driveway at home. :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

43. Sonia & Tom (GA)

Sonia & Tom (GA) Well-Known Member

Michelle!!

I have not been around and just saw your wonderful news!
    We are very happy for all of you.

Sonia, Tom and family

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.