newbie whose ruler insists on intro

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by mybuddybinks, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

After browsing your website since june finally got on board and my overlord Binks felt it would be rude not to introduce ourselves. He is an 11 yr old manx...sorry- an absolutely gorgeous, beautifully-mannered 11 yr old manx (cat editing) who was diagnosed in june 2010, and your website has been a goldmine of information and encouragement. Many thanks for easing our transition into the diabetic lifestyle.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

tell us more.
    are you testing?
    are you shooting, and what?
    what is the royal one eatting?

3. laur+danny+horde

laur+danny+horde Member

Oh, Binks will clearly fit right in with this group. Danny advises that many humans have been thoroughly trained by the feline overlords here. Improved food, meat treats, every attention paid to comfort and needs and more importantly, to the cat's every whim. Which is only as it should be.

transcribed by humble servant,
    laur

4. Teddy Snowshoes & Rilla

Teddy Snowshoes & Rilla Member

Also, you need to share what's REALLY important- a photo! :smile:

5. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Hi MBB!! So glad to see you and Binks here.

6. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to FDMB. I have two civies that are manxes and know how much fun they can be. Is he a rumpy, stumpy or longy?

7. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome to the group. If Mauoi were not so busy with her morning routine. She would do the meeting and greetiong catsonally.

I do warn. you she is always looking for new hired help and has many a uniform for a kitty to wear!

And do share pics and tell us more about what you are doing for the fd.

8. vansplic

vansplic Member

Hey! This is Omi, I'm a civie and the matriarch of our family. I too train humans and the drooler. My human knows lay down, roll over, wet food, sippy drink (I refuse to drink after the drooler has been in the water bowl), she walks well on an invisible leash, come, and she knows to always ask purr-mission before petting. The only thing I have not been able to teach her so far is that I am an only kitty! What fun tricks does your human do?

Anyway, welcome! It is always nice to meet another kitty who steps up to the responsibility of civilizing those crazy humans!

9. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. Looking forward to getting to know you both :D

10. mybuddybinks

i began testing 3 days ago with the relion...first test bunked but have completed 4 since a different times of day...range from 320 to 390. he is on 1 unit vetsulin 2x daily, and has been on 9lives and friskies from janet and binky's list for 7 days. 2day was first time i have had to be gone 4 any length of time (lone care provider currently). we inject at 6a/6p, i was gone from 9a til 3pm...heard stomach rumbles immediately after feeding at 6a and the poor guy had runs and had vomited most of his food when i came back. i'm speaking via phone with venita this evening regarding insulin change because vet and i think his bottle is no longer viable, but at the moment vet visits are not within my budget, so i am voraciously absorbing as much info as i can from your site. he is very gentle and graciously submits to each and every "next step to help ya", so i am blessed in that regard...but he has been on an injection schedule that unfortunately im sure hasnt helped since he was diagnosed in june of this year. The original vet had some incorrect advice on hiscare, but i relocated 2 wks after his diagnosis and the vet we were referred to is extremely knowledgeable and committed, so i am anxious to get him back in...but i am not sure when i can do so. want to do all i can in the meantime to help him out

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is so much I'd like to share with you regarding the care of his royal highness, but if you've got Venita on the phone it would just be redundant.
    We are still here for you awaiting your next post.
    Lori and Tomtom

12. mybuddybinks

wow... what a great responsive community! try to hit all the answers at once ...he is a 9lb stumpy...havent posted the picture yet but tiger manx with kind of a cleopatra makeup motif...and if you have kitty outfits...he will invariably go 4 the pink boa and hi heels...comfy with his masculinity and his extremely high voice. he is a joy 2 be subservient to, as i imagine most of the members are.

13. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Ditto what Lori said.. But greetings and welcome to the board Your Meowjesty Lord Binks! As you already know there are many wise and wonderful cats here that have successfully trained their humans to take care of their every need. We await your next post with whiskers a quiver.

the humble servant along with one drooler to 10 civies

Mel & Muse (GA)

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your kitty perhaps has...preferences?? I like a strong male comfortable with his feminine side. Tom is all Male, but has the good manners and is a perfect gentleman. Perhap Tom and Bink could lunch together one afternoon, Tom suggests I check his schedule and you check Binks and get back to him :mrgreen:

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tom said 'his treat of course, does bink eat raw rabbit?'

16. mybuddybinks

my favorite trick, Omi, is always the first my humans must learn.."Make-a-Lap". and tom...lunch would be wonderful if the humans catch the rabbit. i'm neutered, so my preferences are more along the line of a kitty "bucket list'- i was raised by a flamboyant manx and a drooler of the boxer-variety...so never have realized my fondest dream: I want, if only ONCE in this lifetime, to be given the title role when we do our family rendition of "Evita". My older bro insisted on it because he had the 'golden pipes', and i found it frustrating that i was only ever offered the minor roles. it was the same with 'sound of music"-always minor roles and since we were a troupe of 3, the costume changes were exhausting. also found the voice range switch from Mother Superior to Bridgitta taxing,and i know i could wail the heck out of maria's song list! Also, i think you might agree that a boxer face is the spittin' image of Mother Superior in that movie. if i can get my neuropathy under control, thats where im heading. so look out, patti lupone and madonna!

my human/bedmate/biggest fan wanted me to convey to all of you her warmest, deeply heartfelt thanks for welcoming to your community...and we both want to send a "shout/meow-out" to Venita in particular. all of you have made the learning curve easier for the human, and the "relaxed and groovy" emotional state easier for me to get her headed back toward. she tends to be a bit of a worrier over the last couple of months, and that's not a side ive seen before.
    so thank you...we are happy to be here.

btw- for my new pals- im 99% "Sweet-B", but occassionally just for giggles i trot out my alter-egos...Chortle-B when the human is silly, Sneaky-b to keep her on her toes, and Evil-B when she just can't pick up on my silent instructions. it's a gas to see a human's jaw drop in amazement.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so are you getting an insulin change? I hope you go for the pzi, but lantus and levemir are admittedly the most popular. If also the most demanding of your time. I'm sure you were versed on food selections (and btw, we buy our raw rabbit...but tom does catch and ugg, eat, smaller prey) and that 2u seemed high...I'm sure venita may have encouraged starting at 1u if you are changing diet.
    all in all you seem to be a fun new member of our little family of sugar kids.
    can't wait for you to learn all our 'lingo'...think you'll be quite creative in using it.
    lori
    and tomtom too!

18. Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN)

Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN) Member

Binks's servant has obtained a vet's script for Lantus, and DCIN is sending her 2 pens and some U100 syringes overnight mail. I also ordered 200 syringes from Hocks for her. DCIN will be reimbursing her for locally purchased Relion strips for awhile. Ketone strips also are on her shopping list (I believe).

This is another situation that I am happy to see such support behind. If you want to donate for Binks's supplies, there is a link to donation instructions in the sig line.

(Think about adopting Kitty, the DCIN Cat of the week.)

19. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

all hail Overlord Binks! :mrgreen:
    Greetings from Captain Donovan
    [​IMG]

20. mybuddybinks

we are back to perusing the wealth of lantus information u provide...lag time caused by the bean falling to the floor laughing over the "lantus lingo". thanks to your swift & generous help, sunday am is our eta for lalaland...the bean insists it is cram time, tho i have discovered she seems to get more of a kick out of digesting this info than she ever did with school or business. we plan t hit the links (sans golf clubs), ask for clarification on anything we are hazy about, and continue to refine our bg testing technique that has remained in the low to mid 300's. OOOH, cat joy! man in a uniform just arrived with a pkg! now i comprehend drooler-behavior upon sight of the uniformed fellow! venita, you have a permanent seat at the high table in my hall of catly gratitude.

dare i tag us Binks & the Bean?

21. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Wow, that got there early. Good. Less time to warm up. I think Binks & The Bean works!!

22. mybuddybinks

wrote down conflicting notes on the testing...could you refresh my meow-mory on your suggestions? been reading the posts on "test b4 shooting"...

23. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what do you need refreshing on? usually it's test shoot feed. but if your cat does'nt always eat it could go test feed shoot so as to make sure there is food on board. you don't want to shoot on an empty tummy. i always shoot with tom's face deep in his bowl of food and he does'nt even seem to notice.

24. mybuddybinks

with switch to lantus 2moro morning just wanted to make sure i was on track on what where best times to test him. he's had 3 since 9pm last nite...still shot the vetsulin at 6pm then 6am 2day...328, 360, just now 392. (trying 2 perfect our technique). he isnt objecting to the test at all, and has only noticed once in 2 mos that he was being shot while dining.

important overlooked question: do i administer the vetsulin (suspected non-viable vial) this evening as usual, then Lantus 6am 2moro? hadnt occurred to me to ask.
    we are looking 4ward to a "bon voyage" gala when the vetsulin vial hits the trashcan.

fortunately, i stumbled onto the Smart cat box 2 wks prior to him being diagnosed, so that will make ketone test strips esier (we've never tried them, but will take our maiden voyage right after as he hits the privie.

25. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know that is a question I would take over to the Lantus page...they are the guidance for when and how much to shoot. you introduced yourself there already right?

26. mybuddybinks

just did...thanks. i'm not the web cruiser extraordinaire i would like to be in this case. thankful for the tips on how to post, spreadsheets, etc., and have a friend stopping by 2nite to help implement all the tools the site suggests. my experience suggests you can over-worry but you can't over-prepare

27. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are sooo funny, i wish we had you over in pzi....we love the humour. who does'nt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.