Keep Michele in your prayers

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by donnahc, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donnahc

donnahc Well-Known Member

Just saw some bad news on Facebook. Michele (Anderson) posted that her Peeps is gone. Please hold her in the light as she goes thru this very difficult time.
    Hugs and healing to Michele. :YMHUG:

2. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm SO sorry it was Peeps time to cross Michelle. BIG HUGE HUG and prayers for comfort.

Fly free sweet baby - you're so blessed to be so loved...

3. kse

kse Well-Known Member

My Thoughts and Prayers are with Michelle.

Fly Free Peeps... You were so loved.

Kim and Chewy

4. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

Praying for comfort and sweet memories -

Libby (and Hershey, too!)

5. Michele and Peeps

Michele and Peeps Member

It has been just a little over 24 hours since I let the Peeps go. I had been battling with her cancer over the last month, attempting to get food into her in new ways, but she kept losing weight. Saturday morning, she stopped eating, including her blackberry jelly. She was unresponsive to her brush. She struggled to walk. She gave me the signs that I've asked for since the beginning that she needed help to go.

We waited until Monday, as my mom was gone until late Saturday. I couldn't make the drive alone. Peeps hardly yowled during the drive. I held her through the sedation. She slept as deeply and twitched just as she would long before she became ill. We hadn't been able to snuggle like that in what now seems like an eternity ago. She was laid on the table for the final injection, but I never really let go of her. She was gone before the injection was fully delivered.

I have been unresponsive, especially to my close friends that have been crying with me. I think my goodnight words posted on facebook last night explain everything.

Know that while you are sleeping in your warm bed, surrounded by those that you love, I will be crying myself into nightmares. I lost my best friend of 16 years today. Over half my life was spent caring for her with a love that is burning a deep hole into me every time I breathe. And as the last light fails tonight, know that the darkness will fill that lost half of me. I will never be able to love like this again. Not because of the pain I now feel, it wouldn't have such a grip over me if my love for her were not this strong and I would never dare to ask that I love her any less just for my comfort, but because I am now a different person without my snuggle Peeps.

I will never trade a second with her. Even the moment I felt her life pour out of her tiny little cancer ridden body. Never for a second will I regret or hate the pain she has left me with. She was my Peeps. She has my love.

With that said, I don't know if I will ever come out of my unresponsive state. The world didn't change when she died, I did.

So, thank you FDMB for being here. Words cannot express how much I cherished the last few years of her life, nor can they express the debt owed to those who came before her, spent the time and energy to educate, and still fight for the best living standards for those who will come after.

6. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((Big Hugs)))))) my friend.

Every day gets a little easier, some day a smile from a happy memory will replace the tears.

I will hold you in my heart until your's heals.

Much love,
    Robin

7. bookw0rm

bookw0rm Well-Known Member

:YMHUG:

8. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Beautiful Peeps

[​IMG]

9. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

Michelle -

So sorry for your loss. Their time with us is never long enough, but you were very fortunate to have her for 16 years. And she was lucky to have you as well.

Peace & comfort to you with each passing day.

God Bless!
    Lu-Ann

10. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

{{hugs}}

11. Angela&Henry

Angela&Henry Well-Known Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you Michelle.
    Fly free Peeps, you had a good. long life with your mom who loved you so much. wings_cat

12. nancy and payne

nancy and payne Well-Known Member

Michele, my prayers go out to you today, the loss is great and the heart is broken .... my arms are around you and so are Peeps. In time .... the love pushes the pain aside somewhat and then she will snuggle in your heart
    forever ..... you were both so lucky to have experienced such a love.
    Nancy

13. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

(((((Michele))))))

I'm so very sorry but ya did right by your girl, you gave her the greatest gift of love we have to give. You set her free of her pain and took it on yourself. She really isn't gone you just have to hug her differently from now on.

Right now your heart is broken, it feels like it will never love again, but it will, definitely not tomorrow or the next day, but in time, it will again. There will be a brush of soft fur, a glint of a amber, or green or maybe even a blue eye, or a soft mew that will catch your heart's attention again. Somewhere, some way and some day a velvet paw will reach for you and you will love and snuggle again..because Peeps taught you what it was to be loved by and be in love with a cat, which is one of the most special loves there is in the Universe. Once one of those elegant, funny, independent and mysterious creatures make their way into our hearts, they leave part of their souls attached to ours. And they can and do pick their successors from the Bridge, because they know we are worthy of their kind and they send us the next in line to not take their place in our hearts but to take their place in our homes and beds.

I know just as sure as I am sitting here right now grieving for my Musette and swearing that there will never be another for awhile that if Musette wants it, there will be another, she will someday when she thinks my heart is ready again send another sweet fluffy prince or princess to her momma's door and no matter how hard I try to say no or we have enough cats here already, my heart will want what my heart wants and there will be no saying no.

Fly Free Beautiful Peeps, watch over your momma for she misses you so very much right now.

Mel, Maxwell, Musette (GA), Autumn & The Fur Gang

14. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Michele I feel the passing of another board veteran and her beans broken heart. This board has changed with Peeps presence and again it will change with her passing.

Like many before her and the new that find themselves here, the knowledge shared, the teaching, the shear joy of love, of family, Peeps is and always will be a part of. Thank you for sharing your amazing journey, thank you for sharing Peeps.
    Fly free dear Peeps. I've always loved your name, I will never forget you.
    jeanne

15. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss of Peeps. I'm sure Peeps felt your love and that is why it hurts so bad. I hope in time your loving memories will ease your pain. Peeps will always be in your heart.

Fly Free Peeps. wings_cat

16. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((MICHELE)))))))))))))))))))))))))

I am so very very sorry for your loss. Sending many many cyber hugs. You are an awesome mommabean. My heart is crying with yours. Peeps is flying free now, whole and healthy over the Rainbow Bridge. rb_icon
    wings_cat
    I know my Merlyn,Janeway and Conor are greeting Peeps in the spirit world.

17. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss .. I know your heart is breaking and ours breaks with yours ..

18. Amy'sWinston (GA)

Amy'sWinston (GA) Member

((((((((((((((((((((Michelle)))))))))))))))))))))))) my heart just breaks reading your post.... I'm so sorry the time came to help Peeps move on...

I know the pain you speak of. Winston was most assuredly my soul-cat. He wasn't my pet, he wasn't my friend, he was the child of my heart and my beloved. Winston is the soul that taught me unconditional love. I never really understood it or felt it until him - that's not the way my family rolls. When I had to let him go, he flew away with not just a giant chunk of my heart, but a piece of my soul that I think he'll hang onto until we meet again on the other side. (all I know is it's not come back in 4.5 years)

Time will help you heal. Time will eventually take some (only some) of the sharpest edges of your grief and pain and soften them. You WILL reach a day that you will smile when you think of her more often than you cry. But these special soul-cats...we keep a piece of them, and they keep a piece of us. We will be 100% whole when we're together again.

You WILL love again - but it may not be the same. I love Jack and Lya to the moon and back and know deep in my heart and soul they were sent to me by God - for both of us...yet it isn't at all the same as I loved Winston.

You take the time you need. Do not worry about being unresponsive to us. This is the time where you need to shift all that energy and love you devoted to Peeps and take it for yourself. You need to be gentle with yourself, and cut yourself some slack. You need to forgive yourself for having to let her go. You need to remember that she is near you still and can absolutely feel your love as strongly as if she was still within your touch. Your love is what bridges the gap between here and there.

When you're ready - we'll be here to help and support you in anyway you need us to.

Peeps - beautiful, special girl.... run free and rest joyfully. Please visit your Momma soon so she remembers what her heart knows - that you are safe and happy and closer than she can imagine. Visit her often - when she needs it most and expects it least....

19. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. many here have gone through that pain. I n time, you will be able to smile and laugh when thinking about your beloved PEEPS. Fly free little one. you will always feel your moms love. it will never fade

20. Karen & dB (GA)

Karen & dB (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Michele, I am so sorry. I have been in your shoes. But love never dies, it goes on forever, and it will surprise you in ways you never knew possible. Only by loving so deeply are you able to love again. Peeps is not gone, she is just a whisper away. Every time you think of her, she will know, and she will be near you always. That's just the kind of bond you share. Forever. Holding you close in my gentlest thoughts and prayers.

Karen and dB in spirit

21. Linda & Chance (GA)

Linda & Chance (GA) Member

I am very sorry for your loss.

22. Charlotte and Indy (GA)

Charlotte and Indy (GA) Member

((((((Michele)))))) Your post just broke my heart. I wish there was some way to ease your pain, but Lord knows I don't know what that is. I will pray for your peace and the knowlege that Peeps is waiting for you at The Bridge.

23. OLM Catnip Cottage

OLM Catnip Cottage Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear this. What a sad loss. May God bring her comfort and peace now.

24. Carol-Charlie

Carol-Charlie Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry that Peeps had to go ahead. I too ache from feeling Charlie and Spunky leaving... but now when I want to correct Sammie and say Charlie's name... I laugh, and think... See Sammie... even Charlie said to tell you... you just don't do that.... I think of his funny way of walking away from me... not "speak to the hand".. but "speak to the butt mommy".... then he'd stop and turn only his head to look at me.. to see if he'd made his point, or just to laugh.. mommy was following where he wanted to lead her. He know and I know Peeps knows, that you will follow her to where she has gone ahead... as I will follow Charlie...

25. Ginny & Alex

Ginny & Alex Well-Known Member

Michele,
    I am so very sorry to hear about your loss.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you.

26. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

so sorry for your loss Michele.

Peace Peeps. rb_icon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.