Spice Update March 17

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by tajana340, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tajana340

tajana340 Member

I didn't realize I haven't posted in awhile. Spice is doing ok. I don't know if she is getting better or not. Her pancreatitis is still ongoing. She is still not eating on her own. I have to syringe feed her. I don't know how long an attack last. I just hate seeing her suffer. I know she hates being poked and prodded. She did finally get in her bed by herself which is great. Other than that she is doing ok. Sorry my spreadsheet is not up to date. I have a lot going on.

Has anyone dealt with pancreaitis? How long did it last? I know it can be ongoing.

Thanx
    David

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad to hear from you. I was wondering about Spice.

Laura and Harley have just found out they have pancreatitis also. (She is here on PZI) So she can be a resource for you.

I would also post on Health and ask specifically for pancreatitis help. We have a number of people who deal with it and diabetes both.

3. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

Are you giving her anything for the pancreatitis?

Jen

4. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

5. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update, I have been thinking about her and hoping she is doing better. Hopefully she will start eating on her own soon.

6. tajana340

tajana340 Member

The vet has her on fluids under the skin 2x a day. Liquid pepcid 1x day. Prednisolone 1x day. And An antibotic.
    They already did bloodwork 2x. Once At the start but, she also had ketones, the 2nd bloodwork the ketones were gone but her liver and kidney values did not change. We are also feeding her thru a syringe.

7. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have a good plan in place, David. You and Laura should start a support group!

8. Laura and Harley (GA)

Laura and Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

Great idea Sue - now we just need to figure out what works!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.