Spice Update March 10

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by tajana340, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tajana340

tajana340 Member

Well Spice seems to be doing better tonite. I have noticed she is not drinking water on her own. Don't know if it is the fluids under the skin and the baby food.I have also noticed no interest in food. I found a stool that I think was hers. It looked like she may have been constipated. But with the ketoacidosis, pancreatitis and kidney disease it could have been possible. I will talk to the vet tomorrow. She will be with them all day. I am concerned about Spice. If she doesn't seem to be getting better in the next few days, it may be time to put her down. I have struggled with this all week. I know it is in the best interest for her, but my selfishness keeps hoping.....

I was just reading on oanother post about pancreatitis and i hope spice hasn't gone into hepatic lipadosos. I don't think she ate for 3-4 days. I hope it is reversible.

David

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope she starts turning a corner for you, David. It is so hard to know whether to let go or keep fighting. You will make the right decision because you will make it out of love.

Have your vet considered assisted feeding? It is another intrusive kind of intervention but lots of members here have done it with success. You can do it at home.

I have thinking of you and Spice often and will continue to do so.

3. judy and squamee(GA)

judy and squamee(GA) Well-Known Member

David, I really feel for you. I was pretty much in your shoes in December, and found it agonizing to make the decision to put Squamee down. There comes a point where you just feel they are suffering too much--- but it is an awful place to be.
    I wish you strength.

4. hollyall

hollyall Well-Known Member

I've been reading your updates on Spice and hope she starts doing better for you. Such a tough place to be and such a hard decision to make. You and Spice are in my thoughts.

5. donnahc

donnahc Well-Known Member

You’ll know what’s right David. Somehow they just tell you what they need. We went thru that with my cat China about 8 years ago.

Sending you both hugs and prayers and strength.

Donna and Asher

6. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for strength and guidance and comfort for Spice. Not knowing can be most agonizing, I know how that feels.
    jeanne

7. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((hugs))))) what a tough situation... hopefully she will perk up soon and start eating :YMHUG:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.