Spice Update March 9

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by tajana340, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tajana340

tajana340 Member

Well was worried about spice all day at home instead of at the vet. As soon as I walked in she perked up a little. Good to know that she was ok. She seems to be walking a little better today and she has that look back in her eyes again. Ever since I have been Home this is the first time to sit down to write this. I have a lot to do. I still have a couple things to do. Not sure if we are going to vet tomorrow. Definitely Friday. My roomate has been helping as well. I think this is the first time I have seen Spice sleep this long. She actually took the baby food really well tonite, she also looked at the food dish for the first time since Sat, but unfortunately she didn't eat.

FOOD QUESTION- I have noticed lately the other cats are not eating the Sophisticat Special Diet Turkey and Giblets as much. A lot of food still left in the bowl after several hours. Petsmart quit carrying Friskies Special Diet Turkey and Giblets and The Special Diet Beef and Chicken. Any Suggestions. I do have The food list. Don't think it is an updated version though.

David

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

It's good that she can be with you for a while every day. Hope she is soon home for good, David.

3. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

There are a few "lists" that I linked to in the PZI Sticky link under nutrition links.
    viewtopic.php?p=340815#p340815

But J&B's is still the most complete by far for checking the carb values.

4. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

David,

Unfortunately the food charts have not been updated. Janet has a terrible time getting real information from manufacturers and it is a huge job to undertake. That is why, for example, the Fancy Feast flavors are on the "old" canned food chart rather than the new one. But I do think the carb info is generally accurate on both the old and new charts. If you are feeling mathematical, here is a thread on calcualating carbs: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=27876

If you want suggestions, post on Health and ask for finicky cats' favorite foods. You should get some good responses.

We feed Fancy Feast - have always had hoover cats so flavors have never been an issue. I can buy 24 cans of several different flavors and feed them alternately. I am so blessed to not have had a finicky cat.

BTW, have you seen these ideas on getting your cat to eat: Getting your cat to eat: Getting your cat to eat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.