U-100 Syringes from Walmart

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by eeraby, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eeraby

eeraby Member

Got 'em.
    They are marked 10, 20... in increments of 10 up to 100.

If I wish to give her 0.5 units of PZI, the closest would be 0.6 and I'd do 1.5 units in the U-100 and note on SS that I gave her 0.6.
    Correct?
    PMPS coming in 20 min

2. Charliemeow

Charliemeow Well-Known Member

Absolutely correct! You're doing awesome!

3. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

wait. those syringes will work i think but they aren't the right ones. they'll probably drive you nuts or make you go blind :)

the ones you want should only go up to 30, not 100. sooooo, like i said, you could still use those but your dose would be very very little, just a hair over the first line, assuming that there are 100 lines on the syringe and not 50?? can you see that very well? just need to make sure you don't draw up too much ok

4. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds like you got 1cc and not 1/3cc syringes. You're probably better off eyeballing with the U40s and returning those 1cc syringes and getting the 1/3 cc ones - make sure they are the 1/3 cc ones with half unit markings. As Cindy pointed out they only go up to 30.

I doubt the 1cc ones have half unit markings too.

To give .4 unit of U40 insulin [ProZinc] with a U100 syringe, fill the U100 syringe up to the 1u mark. Sense I doubt those syringes have half unit markings, the next marking would be for 2u which would actually be .8u of U40 insulin.

5. eeraby

eeraby Member

Re: U-100 Syringes from Walmart; PMPS 197

WHoooooooooa! Glad I posted the syringes on here! at 10,that's FOUR 5 would be2.2......
    Ya'll are right. The 40s as as good.

So, Jedi... what do we shoot?

Eating supper

6. Gator & H (GA)

I'm looking at your SS right now and the last was 133 @ +9.

I would be tempted no to shoot anything until she gets up over 200. Just with your syringe situation right now [since you are going to be using the U40s] and not being able to be very exact about things. If she's over 200 then shoot .5u is my vote.

If you have any updates to your SS put them in and I'll try to scare up some other input here. Give me like 5 minutes.

7. eeraby

eeraby Member

Re: U-100 Syringes , PMPS 97

It's up to date.

I agree with you about how much... retest in 30? +1? +2?

I gotta sleep tonight. Have to work a new store tomorrow.

8. Gator & H (GA)

OK I still see 133 at +9 and that the last.

Anyway called Lori to get her input too for you and she's pretty much on the same page about not shooting under 200 for right now. AND you might even try shooting a bit less than 0.5u So something between 0.25u and 0.5u - if anything shoot short of 0.5u - especially since we would like you to get some sleep tonight :smile: . So that's the word.

Then for testing tonight - If you can make it to +3 that's always nice - nothing much happens until +2 anyway unless you WAY overshot. But if you just want to sleep then that's good too.

9. eeraby

eeraby Member

grrrrrrrr Sorry, Gator

was ONE97 197 and no, I didn't update the SS. sorry. guess that lack of sleep's catching up on me.

I'm not shooting.

Well get a +3 ( in 2 hours) and UPDATE the SS and put the CORRECT reading in the subject and in the body.

Sorry :oops:

10. Gator & H (GA)

grr_red and I was WAY excited! :D

197! that's a little different, you might test in an hour and if she is up over 200 then give something between .25u and .5u - probably more towards the .25u side. 197 is really close to 200 too and it would probably be OK if you shot that with something towards the .25u side. It's your choice.

You should also look at Robin's SS and see how she deals with numbers and go back to where she kind of broke through with Harley. That will help you see one perspective on the dosing. She even had a short period where Harley did not need insulin. The time leading up to that would be good to look at too.

BTW there has in the past been some thought to let them even rise up more than 200 to see if their pancreas will kick in and do the work maybe even up to 250. I'm not too sure how I feel about that, my thought it more to keep them as low as reasonable near a "healing zone" then gradually taper off the insulin.

How long ago did you change the food [you might want to put a note about that in your SS]? Bud might need some more time for that to clear her system too.

11. eeraby

eeraby Member

Re: U-100 BG 167 +2

Sorry to have mistyped her PMPS.

She's BG 167 +2... afraid i'm not going to make it to +3. Hubby will test @ +4.5 or +5 and, if going over 200 or dropping, I'll get him to wake me and I'll post.

Changed her food Dec 9/10.

12. Gator & H (GA)

Dropping won't be a problem if she has not been given an insulin in 12+ hours - ProZinc is pretty much completely out of the system by then.

If she's above 200 you might just let it ride until morning. it looks like she's trying to come back down a little on her own which is what we like. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.