ANYONE WANT TO PLAY, LET'S STEER THE NUMBERS?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Anonymous, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just for fun,,,anyone can play.

steer, don't oversteer.

ask yourself these questions and lets see some one sentence answers.

1. 1U into 260 amps
    +3 140
    +4 70
    +6 59

ok, what do you do in this situation?

2. 1U into 260 amps
    +2 140
    +3 70
    +3.5 59

what do you do?
    one sentence only please. if you can.

2. Peggy and Mickey (GA)

Peggy and Mickey (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sorry peggy---wrong answer. wanna try again?

4. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

What do I get if I guess right? :mrgreen:

OK what Lori is outlining here in #2 is a fast drop [by +3 or +4] to an OK but definitely pay attention to number. Since PZI usually "peaks" at around +6 that is probably some time for the numbers to still go lower.

In #1 the 59 is at +6 - the numbers here are worthy of paying closer attention to. But, since +6 is the general average peak time of PZI there's hopefully not as much room for the number to keep going down. So it is a less worrisome.

SO, given that, are there any suggested actions?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

gator my friend and esteemed collegue (sp) i beg to dissagree on your answer for question # 2. anyone up for why i would dissagree?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and don't leave out your end game plan.

7. Charliemeow

Charliemeow Well-Known Member

#1. Retest in 15 minutes to see if numbers are going up, and rejoice at such beautiful numbers.

#2. Cry, bite my nails, feed medium carb wet food to see if I can get the numbers up a little without ruining good progress, test every 15-30 minutes and repeat food if necessary.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

great answer claudia...and then...............?

9. Charliemeow

Well...for #1, if +6 was as low as kitty went, I'd shoot the same 1u as long as the pmps was at least 260. For #2, I think a smaller pm dose would be warranted...I don't think I'd shoot more than .5u but I'm a nervous Nellie. That may be too much for my comfort. I think it'd depend on how low he went and what his pmps was.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YAY!!!!! Claudia is the winner!!!!! now for your present you get to pick the next 'anyone want to play' game. can be a scenario of your chosing...hypo, accidental over shooting (some cats have been accidently shot twice, once by mom and once by dad becuase they did'nt know kitty had been shot by other) kitty's on a trip and has higher than usual #'s, kitties post hypo and shows a high #(also known as rebound)............go for it.

11. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

HECK....I'd shoot them both :lol: :lol: Oh sorry...that's my LL mentality :lol:

KTS: Kittenhood of the Travelling Soup...it's for sick kitties :lol:

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

o honey you'd shoot them both at amps 75!!!! those crazy LL'ers. and thanks for the lingo update....my language skills have to constantly be honed over in lantus. LLL=language of lantus land. or Lantish.
    oh just realized in this scenario you did'nt even 'earn' a dose reduction. poor marjorie.

13. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

1. I would ride out this cycle, then reduce the dose a hair at next shot as it's causing too steep of a drop and kitty's going to rebound and/or crash if I stick with that dose.

2. I would feed kitty & keep monitoring thru +6 or +7, and reduce the dose at the next shot as it's waay too steep of a drop.

14. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

No kidding...all that work for nuttin' :lol: :lol:

You know you're always welcome in LL and feel free to check with me on the lingo :lol: :lol: :lol:

:YMHUG: :YMHUG:

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yep cindy's answer is probably closest to what i'd do...altho i would also feed low carb to number 1 too.
    and number 2 i would feed low carb and keep testing. never feed too much cause you might need to feed more if it does'nt do the job...if you keep dropping break out the high carb gravy. always leave room in your kitties tummy for more.

the whole point to this question is to NOT overreact to those dropping #'s and to realize if you have strips and high carb food you can very nicely steer the numbers so that you can actually have a good cycle even tho' the dose was too high.
    if you overreact and give high carb or karo too soon you are in for missing your target low and also skyrocketing your kitty to the moon in the next ps.

16. Charliemeow

Crazy lingo here...the only LLL I know is la leche league!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i know claudia, i speak semi fluent lantish. it's a wonderful language, and it would be great if we all learned it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.