5/10 Noodle - AMPS 201 +2 310 +4.5 314 +6.5 232

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Patricia & Noodle, May 11, 2020.

1. Patricia & Noodle

Patricia & Noodle Well-Known Member

Friday's Condo

Happy Monday, everyone! I tried to get more tests to fill in her SS over the weekend and really struggled getting up to do PM tests, but I will continue to work on it. :coffee:

With her surgery looming on Wednesday, I'm starting to think about how to handle testing. I've never been able to test on her ears, I found it impossible when she was first diagnosed. I could easily test on her paw pads with her sitting in my lap, so that's how we've always done it. I'm anticipating it will be very difficult for her to sit belly-up on my lap post mastectomy, though. For some reason, I am really worried about trying to test on her ears and not being able to do it!! I wonder if she will let me test her back paws while she's standing up or laying down, probably something I should try over the next couple days while I prep her recovery space.

ETA: I got her +2 while she was laying down in her bed! Unfortunately, she appears to be bouncing a bit. Hopefully she slides down while the insulin does it's job today.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
    Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice greens yesterday. Maybe you should try testing her ears again.

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  3. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

Alice has only one good ear to test on, we will start with that. We got used to testing because she was sick and weak and probably didn’t have the energy to protest much. That is part of what made it easier. -So maybe you’ll be able to get a few attempts in while Noodles is drugged, groggy from anesthesia, etc.

That being said, I remember only really needing maybe 3 days or so of buprenorphine, post-surgery. I did end up asking my vet for smaller doses so I could spread it out more, but then she didn’t seem to need it. I think the bupe doped her up more than the pain did. After maybe 3-4 days she was up and going a bit and trying to eat her stitches out. :p I kept her in her bathroom “hospital” for awhile after that though since I didn’t want her getting anything infected. She had a weird jagged bit to where she had her outer incision, and on follow up she did need one quick staple to hold this last part together. It had some stress on it.

Do you have anything besides the horrible cone, to keep her off her stitches? I know there are some comfy inflatable cushy things you can buy but I know I mentioned before that I made a t-shirt sleeve top.

She may just want to lie around for a couple days on her drugs, so testing may end up being easy peasy. :) You two will figure it out, together.

Patricia & Noodle likes this.
  4. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Patricia, I just wanted to wish you and Noodles all the best of luck today for her surgery. I hope everything goes smoothly and she's back home with you soon. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Patricia & Noodle

Patricia & Noodle Well-Known Member

Thank you :bighug: I was just about to start a condo for today!

Sonia & Leo likes this.