4/1 Disco AMPS 398/+3 368–fell asleep, missed AM dose! +6 455/+8 285/+11 298/PMPS 311/+1 331/+11 269

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA), Apr 1, 2020.

1. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday 3/31: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...9-80-11-87-pmps-95-2-167.227758/#post-2550964

I was very happy with the day Disco head yesterday and trying the experiment of feeding HC worked! I guess his AMPS number this morning is a bounce even though he didn’t go really low.

Photo is of Disco and a Cornish Rex kitten. I used to breed and show Cornish Rex cats and Disco’s companions, Brighton and Coco, were born in my house.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Love the picture. I hope Disco comes back down today.

3. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

The kitten is looking up so adoringly at Disco!! They're both unbelievably cute!! :kiss:
    Beautiful surf yesterday Disco!! :D

4. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

@Wendy&Neko
    Advice needed! I messed up and tested Disco this morning at his usual 730am, fed then got his supplies ready and then laid down and fell asleep I guess immediately. It is now 1030 and he didn’t get his morning dose. I am assuming I skip this one and give the usual dose tonight but after such a good day yesterday I’ve screwed up!

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You have two options. 1) pretend it was a fur shot. ;) 2) shoot now and live with trying to get back on schedule.

6. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I’m more comfortable with pretending it was a fur shot as now I’m second-guessing myself — did I give it and forgot? the syringe was not next to the pen of insulin next to my laptop, lightbox and magnifying glass and I’m wondering did I throw it away after giving it and then fall asleep? I truly don’t think that’s what I did but…

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Better safe than sorry.

8. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh man. I have totally done that, complete with the second-guessing about "did I shoot or not in my sleep-fuzzed state???"! I agree, call it a "furshot" and move right along. You'll get back on track.

Congrats on the extra shut-eye, anyway!

9. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Guess the +6 455 tells me I didn’t give it, right?

Short naps always leave me groggy and disoriented and it takes me half a day to get back to feeling energized again. So today has been pretty non-productive in many ways. I haven’t been sleeping well so I have a feeling this week will be one productive day and one slug day and one productive day and one slug day

Sonia & Leo and Nan & Amber (GA) like this.
  10. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Well, he did get down to the 50's yesterday, so a big part of this could be bounce. Only Disco knows for sure!

Hope you can recover quickly from the sluggishness. I think we are all just making things up as we go along these days!

11. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

How far apart do you test, feed then shoot?

12. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Usually test at 7:15-7:30am, feed right after and shoot while he’s eating, so within 10-15 min of test. Then when I spot test him which sometimes is frequently depending on what my day is like, he gets a teaspoon or two of LC, mostly in the morning but sometimes in the afternoon, too. Although often times the afternoon is when I run my errands so he doesn’t get as many spot tests then. During the night, because I’m retired and because I wake up a lot myself to use the bathroom, I will spot test him during the night and depending on his numbers, feed him a treat of LC if he’s under 300

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    Judy and Freckles likes this.
  13. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Back when I was doing the sugar dance with BK, a CG missing a shot/test due to falling asleep was referred to as "being abducted by aliens";)
    There are a few alien abduction incidents on BKs ss ...:cool:

Disco will get back on track and you will have collected some data on how a skipped shot currently affects him.

Like Wendy said - Better safe than sorry.