29-Apr Mav AMPS 328|+4.5 245|PMPS 310

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Christie & Maverick, Apr 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Last post: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...ps-283-pmps-140-2-92-3-52-3-5-63-5-77.194832/

And there's the inevitable high I knew was coming. At least he's coming back down mid cycle.

I do too! I think I've given Lantus a fair shot, might be time to try something new. Gosh, I sure do remember those infamous Girlie deep dives early cycle :woot:, happy to see she is doing really well, and thanks for checking in :bighug:

Thanks Michelle :bighug:, hope all is well with you. I had forgotten Beenie was on Levemir, I appreciate the feedback. You should see that face up close, makes my heart melt every time :joyful:

Hi Paul, Levemir may be what I'm looking for to get some consistency, that's an interesting observation you made, it does seem most people are happy after the switch. Hope you and Bronx are doing well, any improvements with his arthritis?

Girlie's mom likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Even if you don't try Lev, there may be some other tricks to help. For kitties that don't hold reductions well, it can be helpful to hold the dose for three drops below 50 on three different days, or one drop below 40. That might allow Mav to get more green time, which he still seems to be reacting too. Neko took forever too to get used to green. That was one good thing about Lev, she got more "hang time" in the lagoon and was forced to get used to it.

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  3. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I vote for trying Lev, it would be interesting to see if it helps. I think the 3 under 5o or 1 under 40 that Wendy suggests is a good option to try as well. Come on, Mav, the lagoon is fun! :cat:

4. Christie & Maverick

Thanks for reminding me! I think it's worth trying three drops below 50 on three different days. I feel like 1.5u is a good dose, it probably was still affecting his cycle last night, he hit 52 early and I felt like 12% carb food was warranted, I did not want him earning another reduction so quickly. But I wonder if the extra carbs sent him bouncing higher than usual. Doing three drops below 50 on three separate days gives me some wiggle room, frankly I'm mad at myself for not seeing he was breaking his bounce the other night where he hit 43...but there have been other nights where he tested at 50, and I kept him surfing with just regular LC.

More for me to think about on a dreary Sunday (at least it's only raining, not snowing). Thanks as always for your help Wendy :)

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You're welcome. Dreary here too. Gray except for the cherry blossoms.

6. Christie & Maverick

PMPS = 310, that's a bummer.

7. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better color day:cool:

C’mon Mav no bouncies :cat:

8. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

No worries! Just glad to hear from you and Maverick! :)

Hey Mav, how about some blues and maybe greens tomorrow? Please?

9. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes! Thanks for asking. The Adequan shots have really helped, he doesn't walk as gingerly and the humped back from spinal issues isn't so evident anymore :)

10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Mav comes back down soon.

11. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

I really vote for Levemir! I'm so happy I made the switch it's not even funny. I've got a different, much, much happier cat. Go, Levemir! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.