11/28 Boomer AMPS 158 +3 137 +6 106 PMPS 167 +3 130

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 158 shooting 2u

Boomer woke us around 2:00 but stopped crying before I got out of bed. Woke me up again around 4:40 and I got up, checked his dishes and his 5:00 had already opened (and he had eaten the chicken pieces but left the pate) told him to eat his food and went btb. He followed me into the bedroom, looked out the window for a few minutes, then came for a cuddle. Meanwhile I couldn't get back to sleep. According to DH, Boomer also cried a couple of times around 3:30.
    He ate most of his overnight fuds and finished off the above-mentioned pate around 6:00 when I got up to start coffee.
    Allen ate reasonably well last night. I had a conversation with Dr Larry yesterday because I believe that Allen may be experiencing some ongoing nausea or some tummy discomfort and that's why we're having problems getting him to eat. The cerenia doesn't seem to be helping with the issue although the puking has stopped. Dr Larry didn't seem inclined to give anything specific to nausea but when I mentioned that the few times Allen has eaten reasonably well and been more like himself have been 2-3 hours after we've given cisapride (which is for his constipation) he suggested we resume the cisapride. Allen has been pooping about every 2 days so it's not absolutely needed for constipation but it does seem to make him feel better for a few hours. Trouble is....it's 3 times a day. Poor Allen.

It's supposed to be very mild today and my plan/hope is to go for a walk this afternoon. DH has lunch with a friend on Tuesdays so we'll go after that (with Boomer's permission of course).

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Not a bad start for Boomer.

Poor Allen, I hope you get to the bottom of all of this. Is he still improving weakness wise?

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  3. Judy and Boomer

He has a bit of overall weakness but the problem with his back legs has resolved so it must have been the Pred that caused it.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry Boomer woke you up again. I hope he surfs safely today so you can get out. I'm glad Allen's back legs are better. I hope you can balance everything out to help him feel better. Sending prayers.

5. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope Boom-Boom grants your request for a walk. :p;)
    If it helps Allen eat it it worth it. Glad he is feeling better, but hope he feels even better soon. :bighug:

6. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Such happy news! :cat::cat::cat:

tiffmaxee and Judy and Boomer like this.
  7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I wish your vet would let you try ongoing nausea medication to see if it helps. Have you asked why he is so against it? It just doesn’t make sense to give a potentially nauseous cat appetite stimulants and not try to get rid of the nausea first. JMHO based on lots of experience with Max. It wasn’t until I got the nausea under control that I was able to stop cyproheptadine and eventually the ondansetron as well the first time he had pancreatitis. :bighug:

8. Judy and Boomer

9. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I do agree with Elise...it certainly can't hurt to try another anti-nausea med, and maybe it will help. Cats don't have to be actually vomiting to be nauseated. Sigh...vets sometimes. Prayers for Allen...work that juice, Boomer!

10. Judy and Boomer

11. Judy and Boomer

@tiffmaxee @Amy&TrixieCat I'm not 100% certain that it's nausea; it could be nausea or it could be tummy pain/upset. He does lick at the food a bit and then walk away. But the cisapride that we keep on hand for when he is constipated does seem to make him feel better.....it takes 2 or 3 hours but then for a few hours he's eating regularly and acting more like he used to. So we're going to try giving the cisapride on an ongoing basis.

12. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Nice surfing Boomer but think green buddy. Hopefully the cisapride will keep Allen eating regularly :bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 167 shooting 2u

14. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Good news that Allen's hind legs are getting stronger. I sure hope that you can get it together with regard to the meds and the tummy issues. Sending more vines.

Yo Deputy Boomer, try to give you mamabean a good night's sleep tonight. Come on down to the lagoon, OK?
    ~ LagoonMeister Rusty

15. Judy and Boomer

16. Judy and Boomer

I think he has forgotten where it is Ella!

17. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Titan could use a swim partner Boomer, come on down

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.