10-4 Ittle AMPS=394 +3=448 +5=346 +9=405 PMPS=387/Moey AMPS=310 +3=66 +4=64 +5=82 +6=104 PMPS=363

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Briere Fur Mom, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

Good morning. I hope today will be better than the last 24 hours!

Yay same thing as yesterday...except it's Moeys turn to plummet!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  2. Briere Fur Mom

What is going on with Moey now? Seems it's going to be a repeat of yesterday. I am not mis-measuring my insulin(former vet. tech). I checked my syringed for zero line wonkiness...had my husband double check. I use a 10x optical loop just to make sure everything is correct. I'm going to offer Moey a little HC dry kibble since we're so early in the cycle. Going to repeat test for accuracy before giving HC food. Gave him 5% carb food so far(last 10 mins). Thoughts...TIA

3. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Whoa Moey - any chance that could be a wonky test? I know it doesn't happen often, but that's a crazy drop already.

4. Briere Fur Mom

Nope tested 3x...60, 66, 66. I gave him 1TBSP of HC dry food and I'm going to re-test in 15min

5. Briere Fur Mom

Ittle did this to me yesterday...just not so steep at +3. Making me feel like I'm screwing up somehow. Don't understand. Maybe the beginning dose needed longer than 1 week to settle?

6. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

That's a big big dive! How's he doing now? I think with this one you're going to have to test earlier...he's going to need for you to 'get your guard up' so to speak. I would love to have seen a 1+ to know how much he went down at that point...then a 2+ to confirm the drop. I typically get out the MC when Luci drops 100 points or more between tests...as you can see from our SS I rarely go more than 2+ without getting a test...she has a history of making the big moves...you may have a diver on your hands...

It could be that the depot is full...time to be extra vigilant...

Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  7. Briere Fur Mom

AMPS 2:15pm-69. Gave chicken(scoffed it down) and more 5% carb wet food. Will recheck in 15min and offer more HC food if needed based on #.
    AMPS 2:30pm-68. Gave some more chicken and 1 TBSP HC dry food(no MC in the house).
    AMPS 2:45pm-64. Gave more chicken(1/8 cup) and 1/2 TBSP HC
    AMPS 3pm-72
    AMPS 3:15pm-72
    AMPS 3:30-82
    AMPS +6=104
    AMPS +7=151
    AMPS +8=167
    AMPS +9=213
    PMPS=363
    Think we're in the clear! I'm reducing dose back to .75u and we'll go from there!
    Thanks again!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  8. Briere Fur Mom

What are y'all using for MC? I'm trying to stick to Dr. Elsey's. My kitties tend to get ear infections when eating Friskies or FF.

9. Briere Fur Mom

He's doing fine btw. I'm posting #'s every 15min on the other reply in this thread