06/20 Ivana BG=74 Unexpected vet visit today

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tara & Ivana (GA), Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tara & Ivana (GA)

Tara & Ivana (GA) Well-Known Member

Last post

Ivana's BG is still rather un-noteworthy, which is just perfect :) However, yesterday morning she started sneezing. We thought she just had a hair or feather up her nose or something, but she was sneezing so much she kept us awake last night. No other symptoms like a runny nose or crusty eyes, but we still didn't want to just "wait and see" so we whisked her off to the vet today.

Vet thinks it is probably an allergy, having ruled out any sinister viruses etc. - we have had lots of rain and no sun for ages, and it's the perfect environment for mould, so that makes sense if that's what it is. She had a shot of antihistimine and we see if it helps. If needed, we now have a list of human antihistimines we can give her. Fingers crossed the shot is enough, I don't want to have to give her a pill twice a day, argh!

Hope all kitties and beans are well!

2. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

Hope it's nothing to sneeze at! *ba-dum-tss*

Hope ya feel better Ivana!

3. Tara & Ivana (GA)

Bahaha! :p

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  4. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

I am happy it wasn't a virus and is probably allergies. Sending no sneezing vines. :bighug:

Tara & Ivana (GA) likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the shot helps everything clear up. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I hope that Her Royal Highness gets over this allergy soon. Sneezing is SO undignified! :);)

7. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I really feel for her - allergies are awful. Hope it goes away soon!:)

8. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Sending anti-snuffle vines to sweet Ivana!

9. Tara & Ivana (GA)

It's now the next morning, and the sneezing has all but disappeared. A couple here and there, but nothing like it was. Success!!! :D:D:D When I'm out today I'm going to pick up some antihistamines for her to have on hand - I have a ton here for me, but the one that's best for cats is different to what I already have, of course haha.

Shoeskitty-GA and Kris & Teasel like this.
  10. Tara & Ivana (GA)

Update: Sneezing still hasn't come back! I did buy Ivana some antihistamine tablets yesterday (Polaramine, apparently it's the best one for cats), so if it starts again then we have that on hand. And if it never starts again, then I can still use the tablets myself :cool:

Dyana and MJW like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.