05/26/2019 Nelli AMPS 275; +4.5 228; +5 226; +6 254; PMPS 190

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Krystina & Nelli, May 26, 2019.

1. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

Last...
    I am very confused with Nellis’ numbers, now for several weeks.
    I was so excited to see low, low blues yesterday. Thought the 3.75U was going to be the break through-
    Now today I am reading dose increase tonight?
    I truly have no problem increasing her to four units. She needs what she needs.
    It’s just that she has not been at four units since last mid November?
    Gosh, if anyone has insight... I’m not realizing, I greatly appreciate your thoughts.
    I have been keeping an eye on all my friends as much as possible. My plan is to schedule 30 minutes each and every day, beyond record keeping for Nelli, to let you know I see you :bighug:
    Dose increase for Nelli tonight?

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Often a string of yellows means you will see an active cycle. I wouldn’t increase yet.

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  3. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks Elise :)
    Soooo, Miss (naughty) Nelli may actually be looking at a decrease in morn :cat:.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, either way come morning she will be getting a decrease or an increase.

4. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to see Miss Nelli is doing fine! Hope everything is OK for Krystina! :bighug:

5. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Hi Krystina, nice to see you and Nelli :):cat:

Small caveat before I offer my thoughts, I always have a hard time with dose increases, I tend to linger over almost greens, even though TR suggests you can increase in 6 cycles if you aren't getting numbers you want. That said, you haven't seen green in a while, and it seems to me she is getting a little too comfy in higher numbers, ie. may mean she is having some glucose toxicity setting in.

As Elise said, you might want to wait out the flat yellows, just in case, but yes, if she doesn't do anything exciting and shows you greens tonight, I'd increase tomorrow. Hear that, Nelli? dosecrease threat is now on the table :p

6. Krystina & Nelli

:nailbiting:... :(
    thank, yes I am taking Elise advise.
    She blew a :cool: at PMPS... although a high- 190

Yah know, my confusion with her numbers lies in fact of hasn’t been at 4U since last mid November o_O

7. Krystina & Nelli

You and Ti-Mousse too!
    I’ve been keepin an eye on you two ;)

8. Krystina & Nelli

Nice to see you!
    Thanks for responding :) & :cat:

9. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

That was then, this is now. You can’t compare the two because things have changed....like the weather. Yes, it can affect the BG more than we think it can.

Personally, I would have raised the dose tonight. Flat yellows can be followed by lower numbers if it’s a bounce but this doesn’t look like a bounce; she’s just flat. I’m with Christie....it looks like she needs more juice.

Now that the “dose increase” gauntlet has been thrown down, she’ll probably get into green tonight :confused: But she sure hasn’t been looking like 3.75u is near enough insulin. And....if she does get to green but she just dips her toe in it, I’d still raise the dose.

10. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

So nice to see you and Nelli! :bighug:

11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I think it looks like Nelli needs the increase too. Good luck if you increase tomorrow. :bighug::bighug: