01-08-20 Salem PMPS 289 +3=188

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina and Salem, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Tina and Salem

Tina and Salem Well-Known Member

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new dose. I hope it brings more greens.

Tina and Salem likes this.
  3. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dosecrease! :D Have a great day, Tina!

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Good luck, hope it works.

5. Tina and Salem

Does insulin get bad when its this low cause i gave him some from whats left of his first pen but hes sugar is not going down ? Dnt know if you can see how low it is should i just throw whats left away or use it ? I hate to waste whats left ? I started the new pen but never threw this away. Hes at 197

Attached Files:

6. Tina and Salem

Well he didnt get the 1.75 units or the insulin is no good . Or possibly both . But he did get a shot not a fur shot yall call it around here lol . I always make sure it goes in his skin . These new syringes it doesnt pop thru the skin like it did with the cheaper syringes it glides in but you can feel for it . Hes sugar is 255 4 pm +6.5

any other reason he could be high today ? Bouncing possibly ?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  7. Tina and Salem

Ok i gave him hes insulin hes at 289 this pmps i doubled checked the syring for dosage 1.75 units.lets hope he goes back down to where he needs to be . I feel like this was a wasted day . Grrrr:oops::mad::(

8. carfurby (GA)

You should be able to use the pen to the last drop of insulin if you take care of it. If it has floaties in it or looks discolored it may be bad. You could be seeing NDW today from the dose increase.

9. Tina and Salem

NDW ? Whats that stand for ? Yes its been always in the refrigerator never dropped or shaken up . No floaters or particles in it . Seems ok to me ?

10. carfurby (GA)

NDW aka New Dose Wonkiness - "Many cats will occasionally react to an increased dose with increased BGs - within the first 2 to 3 days after an increase, usually lasting for less than 24 hours. Nobody really knows what the reason for this phenomenon is (perhaps a "panicky liver"?) - hold the dose and ignore the fluctuations."

11. Tina and Salem

Oh ok thanks !!! I learn something new here Every-time ! Thanks ! Have a good night !

12. Tina and Salem

+3=188 pmps hes much better insulin's working onset !

Sonia & Leo likes this.